The RPN is responsible for planning nursing care in an assigned area as required by individualized client needs and according to dependent and independent nursing functions while adhering to recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on the scope of practical nursing.
- Perform selected tasks related to patient care and the patient's environment in a safe manner
- Collect data for Client medical records
- Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care administered relative to the patient/ significant other identified problem/needs
- Document pertinent observation and intervention on appropriate records
- Assist medical team with first aid on patient for jobsite injuries
- Inventory check witin nursing station.
- You may be required to wear full personal protective equipment (PPE) for the entirety of your shift which includes: facemask, gown, gloves and face shield.
- Travel may be required.
Physically capable of performing the following tasks:
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Sitting / driving
- Bending / kneeling / crouching
- Potential shift lengths 12 hours - primarily nights.
- Must be fit for duty at all times
Required Certifications & Training
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse education program and valid provincial registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNA)
- Valid, unrestricted driver's license with full driving privileges in the province of issue
- Additional training and certifications may be necessary to meet client specifications.