If you're passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Personal Support Worker is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Personal Support Worker your typical day will impact the following ways:
- Ensures and promotes the provision of resident-focused care to meet the needs of residents
- Provides supervision and/or assistance to residents in the activities of daily living including eating, dressing, transferring, toileting, hygiene, grooming, and bathing as per residents' individual plans of care to meet their needs and expectations
- Provides care and services to residents with respect to their senses and communication by encouraging residents to wear individual sensory aids such as glasses, hearing aides, etc.
- Provides cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual support
- Provides oral and dental care
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker program from an approved college or private institution meeting the standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, National Association of Career Colleges, Ontario post secondary institution or district school board to issue a Personal Support Worker certificate as per established provincial requirements
- Continues to grow and develop through attendance at in services, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Demonstrated working experience with the elderly in a health care setting, knowledgeable with respect to their needs
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatment and related bedside care to resident
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, families, and visitors
- As part of legislative requirements, all successful candidates must meet the provincial police check and tuberculosis screening requirements as applicable.
Bonus points for having:
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS) preferred
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Sienna Senior Living is committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. In accordance with provincial regulations, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and assessment process.