A team player who has overall responsibility for patient care at the designated site and program, and in the absence of senior management has overall responsibility for the operations of the hospital site for a tour of duty. Directly responsible to the Director of Clinical Service and Chief Nursing Executive. Is responsible for leadership and operations of the services, professional practice and the quality of care. Leads and collaborates with the interprofessional team to achieve operational efficiency, manage budgets and resources and develop a high performing team and a positive work environment focusing on patient-centered care. Works with the leadership team to achieve program goals. Accountable for ensuring that care requirements are met and that patient care issues and concerns identified by patients and their families are addressed.
Position Qualifications and Prerequisites:
- Undergraduate Degree in health care related field required
- Current registration with a health professional regulatory body
- Minimum three (3) years recent direct patient care experience in an acute medical or hospital setting
- Minimum two (2) years related acute hospital administration experience, preferably in a supervisory/managerial capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a rapidly changing work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make well informed decisions, exercise sound judgement and use considerable initiative
- Knowledge of legislation provisions which impact on work performed (i.e. Excellent Care for All Act, Employment Standards Act etc.)
- Knowledge and familiarity with staff scheduling, workload measurement, budgets, labour relations and hospital operations preferred
- Ability to engage and support all hospital staff in carrying out their roles and responsibilities
- Excellent time management with demonstrated ability to coordinate numerous and diverse activities, organizing and prioritizing appropriately to meet demands and expectations
- Savvy change facilitator with a proven track record of implementing effective and sustainable change initiatives while building effective teams
- Highly developed critical thinking skills and ability to conceptualize and analyze problems, make critical decisions and work without supervision and in a dynamic fashion in order to meet hospital needs
- Demonstrated commitment to patient and family centred principles and care
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite and Cerner) as well as the ability and willingness to learn software programs relating to the role
- Available for regular assignment of Hospital Administrator On-Call responsibilities (assigned on a rotating basis to cover evenings and weekends)
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at SBGHC through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Knowledge of and adherence to Occupational Health & Safety and Infection Control Principles
To be considered for this position please submit cover letter and resumes to Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the posting number noted above.
SBGHC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SBGHC will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.
Note: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital's Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team.