Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Nurse Practitioner is an integral member of the interprofessional health team at Dearness and a member of the nursing management team. This position is responsible for the planning, coordination, and delivery of care to long term care residents in collaboration with the Assistant Directors of Care. The Nurse Practitioner is accountable for their own practice and will provide comprehensive health assessments, diagnose health/illness conditions, and treat and manage acute and chronic illnesses as part of the resident’s care plan. The Nurse Practitioner will provide clinical and educational support to residents, staff, and family members and facilitate community care connections across health care sectors for residents requiring complex care services. Directing and supervising all nursing staff for compliance to their roles, this position will work to develop a culture of excellence in clinical practice using a person-centred care philosophy.
- Completion of a Baccalaureate in Nursing program, with current registration in the Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario and the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Completion of the Ontario Primary HealthCare Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program.
- Three to five years of experience in gerontological nursing and/or as a primary health care nurse practitioner.
- Post graduate education/experience in gerontology is an asset.
- A tuberculosis (TB) test and annual influenza immunization are required.
- Must provide a valid Police Vulnerable Sector Check (level 3) as per applicable legislation.
- Ability to work varied hours to meet requirements of the position. Ability to respond to legislated or time sensitive demands beyond regularly scheduled work hours.
- Ability to attend meetings and workshops in other locations.
- A valid Ontario Glass G Driver’s License.
Compensation and Other Information
$97,932 to $128,215
This is a permanent, full-time position.
How to Apply
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at www.london.ca/mycareer
Please note following the interview stage, a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday, September 18, 2023.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.