Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As an RN working in the Emergency Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will be the first point of patient contact; treating patients who are suffering from trauma, injury or severe medical conditions and requiring urgent treatment in a fast-paced team environment. As an integral member of the healthcare team, you will have the opportunity to handle situations with care and confidence ensuring a positive patient care journey.
Why Work with LWDH? As a full-time nurse, there are many benefits to joining our team:
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
- Desjardin Group Life Insurance coverage that includes life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and short/long-term disability coverage
- Green Shield Canada extended health benefits for single and family including dental/orthodontic services, prescription, health services, vision, hospital accommodation, etc.
- In-house training opportunities to enhance skillset and learn specialty areas
- Various incentives: new grad initiatives, tuition reimbursement for underserviced areas, tuition forgiveness for nurses (federal student loan repayment)
- Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Completion of a basic cardiac rhythm interpretation course with demonstrated ongoing competence (LWDH Basic Dysrhythmia course or equivalent)
- Current Certification in ACLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through biannual re-certification
- Completion of current training in Canadian Triage Acuity Scale (CTAS)
- Current Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring with demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Current Certification in TNCC
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
- Preference will be given to those with minimum 1-year experience in acute medical, surgical and/or Emergency Nursing
- Certification in CPI within the past 2 years or willingness to obtain
- Experience working independently in an emergency department within the past 4 years would be preferred
- Current certification in PALS and/or ENPC preferred
- Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393