Provincial Health Care Manager
- Ministry of the Solicitor General
- Toronto (City), Ontario
- $79,720 - $125,470 Per Year
- Closing date
- Jun 9, 2023
- Public Health Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
The Ministry of the Solicitor General, Operational Support Division, is seeking two experienced nurse managers to join the Corporate Health Care (CHC) team. This unique and challenging position offers an opportunity to showcase your extensive technical expertise, knowledge and skills in the administration and oversight of correctional health care services.
Note: This position will require travelling provincewide.
Who We Are
The Corporate Health Care and Wellness Branch (CHCWB) is responsible for the strategic planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programs that support the delivery of "whole of health" care services within correctional facilities across the province. The CHCWB oversees operations in areas such as Mental Health and Addictions, Equitable Health Care, Nutrition and Accessibility, and Occupational Health and Safety. The CHC unit ensures, through direct support and oversight, a standardized client-centred model of care that meets the diverse and unique needs of the incarcerated patients in Ontario provincial corrections.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code . Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Provincial Health Care Manager, you will:
• Use your expertise to provide strategic leadership and advice to senior executives on corporate strategies to support decision-making
• Lead and conduct health care service and program reviews to ensure compliance with legislation and professional standards
• Initiate and monitor continuous quality improvement
• Set ministry-wide direction for the delivery of health services
• Provide professional oversight to correctional institutions through a collaborative leadership and management model
• Ensure consistency with ministry and professional Standards of Practice
• Lead the development of health care initiatives and projects in a changing environment
• Establish and facilitate critical linkages across the organization to inform the development of operational policy and identification of clinical education issues.
How do I qualify?
• You are currently registered as a Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Leadership and Change Management Skills
• You have demonstrated management and leadership skills to develop organizational capacity through positive and values-based leadership, inclusive and engaged teams, and partnerships.
• You have demonstrated knowledge of relevant human resources principles to develop organizational capacity, and set goals and performance standards.
• You have the ability to coach and mentor staff to aid in professional development.
• You have knowledge of change management principles and experience managing through complex change initiatives.
• You are a proactive and innovative leader, motivating your team and colleagues across government to drive and embed a transformational agenda in a diverse sector.
• You have sound clinical knowledge of, and experience in, health care administration and evidence-based health care practices and programs to ensure effective delivery of health services at correctional facilities provincewide.
• You have an understanding of the correctional environment and philosophies in order to develop and implement health care programs and practices in correctional facilities.
• You can interpret and apply the Practice Standards and relevant legislation (e.g., Regulated Health Professions Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Health Care Consent Act, Mental Health Act, Health Protection and Promotion Act, etc.).
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can provide consultation and expertise to facility staff and managers.
• You can prepare and present training programs.
• You have strong writing skills to prepare complex and specialized reports, correspondence and decision-making material for senior executives.
• You have demonstrated relationship management, consultation and conflict resolution skills.
Strategic Thinking and Project Planning
• You can recommend strategies to address challenges and issues related to health care performance measures, and you can manage and mitigate risks.
• You have good judgment and analytical skills to identify gaps in service standards, develop recommendations and remedial action plans, and monitor and implement corrective measures.
• You can develop strategic plans, manage assigned projects from start through completion, and provide leadership and direction to project staff.
Salary Range: $79,720 - $125,470 Per Year
- 2 Temporary, duration up to 24 months, 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Intelligence, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Corporate Talent Programs Branch, Talent and Leadership Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 198833, by Friday, June 9, 2023. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert