Registered Staff (RN and RPN)
- Extendicare (Canada) INC
- Extendicare - Hamilton
- Closing date
- Jul 23, 2023
- Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Area of Practice
- Geriatric Care
Registered Staff – Extendicare York
The Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards. As a valued member of our clinical team, you will provide care to residents in accordance with the standards of practice and offer leadership and guidance to the personal care staff.
Extendicare offers rewarding and meaningful work where you can enrich your life and the lives of others.
These positions are located in Hamilton, Ontario
Available opportunities include:
PT Days and Evenings
PT Evenings and Nights
Extendicare is pleased to partner with HealthForceOntario (HFO) as an approved employer for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) which provides a $25,000 retention bonus to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month, full-time commitment.
Extendicare (Home Name) is pleased to partner with Government of Canada as an approved Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program (RNIP).
What you’ll be doing
- Liaise with interdisciplinary team and care providers to develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans Provide leadership to nursing and personal care staff by planning, directing, supervising and evaluating their work Provide complex care to residents, including education and support Assist in orienting and training new team members
What you bring
- Current registration with provincial College of Nurses Compassion, professionalism, and respect Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
What you’ll get
At Extendicare, we believe that working as a team creates an environment that allows us to reach our potential. We value each employee, encourage equal opportunity for growth and recognize achievement. As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
- Continuous mentorship, support for life-long learning and growth opportunities Employee Perks Recognition Programs Robust benefits package
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Extendicare's Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Extendicare’s hiring process.
Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert