- Lennox and Addington County General Hospital
- Napanee, Ontario
- Closing date
- Jul 22, 2023
- Nurse Practitioner
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
- Complex Continuing Care
Area of Assignment: Convalescent Care
Basic Function and Scope:
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a Registered Nurse (Extended Class) who has successfully demonstrated his/her competence as a Primary Healthcare Nurse Practitioner and has obtained a comprehensive knowledge base in Nursing. Successfully demonstrates the core competencies described in the Canadian Nurses Association Core Competency Framework. The Nurse Practitioner will practice within his/her full scope of practice as outlined in the Standards of Practice by the Colleges of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). The Nurse practitioner may be providing services to patients in a virtual format in some circumstances if care warrants
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (days).
Pay Rate: Will be in accordance with the O.N.A. Collective Agreement for Nurse Practitioner Classification.
- Current Certification of Competence with College of Nurses of Ontario, Registered Nurse Extended Class;
- Nurse Practitioner’s Certification from a recognized program;
- Baccalaureate in Nursing (B.Sc.N.), Masters of Science Degree in Nursing (M.S.N.) preferred;
- Current Certification in B.C.L.S;
- Willing to obtain certification in A.C.L.S. that will be offered on site.
- Minimum of two years recent clinical nursing experience relevant to chronic disease management, emergency care and/or urgent care;
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral);
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge and familiarity with computer skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with members of the health care team;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, critical decision making and problem solving skills;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and educational programs;
- Ability to analyze and interpret valid research findings in clinical practices;
- Ability to function in crisis situations;
- Ability to work with interruptions/distractions, with constant readjustment of priorities;
- Ability to work in rapidly changing environment/turnaround times;
- Ability to meet mental demands in crisis management/stress management, conflict resolution.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
Apply for Nurse Practitioner
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert