Loyalist College is located on the territory of the Huron-Wendat, the Anishinaabeg, and the Haudenosaunee people. We acknowledge our shared obligation to respect, honour, and sustain these lands and the natural resources contained within.
Loyalist College is Ontario’s Destination College – empowering students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, industry focused, cluster-based education, training, and applied research programs. Located on more than 200 acres in the beautiful Bay of Quinte region, the College is perfectly positioned between Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. Loyalist College is a close-knit community where students and their success come first. Loyalist provides personalized attention in small classes, rewarding field placements, and superior student services. Its Belleville, Bancroft, and Toronto campuses and Port Hope satellite location support programs and services for more than 6,000 full-time and 8,000 part-time students each year.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Health Studies, the incumbent facilitates the delivery of a range of theory and practice courses in the family of Nursing programs. The incumbent will incorporate a variety of teaching, learning and assessment strategies that are designed to meet the needs of learners. The incumbent will also participate in research and scholarship initiatives. In addition, the Professor will have the opportunity to provide academic leadership in the coordinator of courses and/or programs in accordance with the collective agreement and College procedures.
- Implements a range of delivery strategies, which complements the varied learning styles represented in a post-secondary classroom and encourages a cooperative learning climate, incorporating evidence-based practice and best practice guidelines
- Develops and implements course learning outcomes and assessment strategies, ensuring that they reflect program goals
- Defines, evaluates and validates learning outcomes for courses and programs, ensuring that students are aware of relevant learning outcomes, strategies and assessment techniques
- Participates in the scholarship of teaching and learning and contributes to the body of knowledge of the profession through ongoing research, dissemination and pursuit of funding to support such work
- Supports student progress in assigned courses through individual tutorial and academic counseling
- Participates as a Loyalist College Nursing Programs representative on related regional and provincial planning committees
- Engages in ongoing faculty development opportunities and effectively liaises with colleagues and other College and community partners to maintain a collaborative and relevant learning environment
- Contributes to program development by participating in the Provincial Program Review and National Accreditation processes and maintenance of the program accountability portfolio
- Assists in program awareness and program recruitment activities
- Assists with the creation and supervision of student field placements as assigned
- Incorporates appropriate technological tools that support the learning environment
- A PhD in Nursing, Doctorate of Professional Nursing or Nurse Practitioner required Must be a member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario A commitment to excellence in teaching and learning demonstrated through at least five (5) years’ experience In addition to teaching experience, evidence of recent, relevant Nursing practice experience is required Evidence of scholarship in practice and research artifacts are required A demonstrated understanding of the principles of adult learning with an ability to develop and review appropriate curriculum that conveys the current knowledge, skills and attitudes that are aligned with best practices in the field
- An ability to apply an understanding of diversity and inclusiveness to meet the needs of a diverse student population
- Computer literacy and a willingness to learn and utilize learning tools (such as Canvas) employed at the college to enhance student success
- Experience with simulation technology in nursing education is preferred
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a range of internal and external partners including other members of the faculty team
How to Apply
Please find the above position on our Employment Opportunities webpage, by following this link: https://www.loyalistcollege.com/employment/work-at-loyalist-2/
Posted in accordance with Article 27.11 of the Academic Collective Agreement, internal candidates as defined in the Collective Agreement will be given first consideration.
Please note: Following an offer of employment, candidates with Canadian credentials will be required to provide official transcripts from the granting educational institution(s); candidates with international credentials must provide World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org/ca evaluation (at their own cost)confirming Canadian equivalency of their credentials.
Loyalist is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive college community. We encourage and welcome applications from marginalized and equity seeking groups. Loyalist College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you have accommodation needs, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.