Nurse Practitioner - Deerwood Care Community
Full Time - 150 hrs/month
If you’re passionate about being part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Nurse Practitioner is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Nurse Practitioner your typical day will impact in the following ways:
• Providing primary care in accordance with established policy, the resident plan of care and within scope of practice.
• Collaborating with the physician to provide follow up on diagnosed conditions and provides on call support.
• Providing nursing consultation to residents and their families, health professionals, administration, groups or organizations.
• Participating in the identification, analyzing and interpreting trends in resident care outcomes and professional nursing practice issues in order to determine priorities for educational programming.
• Responding promptly to concerns of residents and family members, mediating a satisfactory response to concerns and implements action plans to avoid reoccurrence of similar issues.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Must possess current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as Registered Nurse in the Extended Class or RN (EC).
• Demonstrated experience in gerontology.
• Advanced knowledge and decision-making skills in assessment, diagnosis and health care management.
• Knowledgeable about primary health care issues in Long Term Care.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
Bonus Points for having:
• Certification from the Canadian Nurses Association preferred.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Sienna Senior Living is committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. In accordance with provincial regulations, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and assessment process.