Manager, Infection Prevention and Control
- Ministry of the Solicitor General
- Toronto (City), Ontario
- $90,348 - $136,530 Per Year
- Closing date
- Apr 3, 2023
- Other - Discipline
- Work Setting
- Other - Work Setting
Consider Your Next Career with the Ministry of the Solicitor General!
Are you a Registered Nurse with a passion to make a difference in public health and exceptional leadership and management skills? If so, join our Corporate Health Care and Wellness Branch at the Ministry of the Solicitor General as the Manager, Infection Prevention and Control.
In this role, you will manage the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of infection prevention and control program delivery strategies and frameworks to support infection prevention and control practices within provincial correctional facilities across Ontario.
The Corporate Health Care and Wellness Branch (CHCWB) is responsible for strategic planning, delivery and evaluation of policy and program strategies that support the delivery of "whole of health" care services within correctional facilities across the province. The CHCWB ensures a standardized, client-centred model of care that meets the diverse and unique needs of clients and staff in corrections and establishes and maintains relationships with other ministries and health care stakeholders.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
The OPS is an innovative, responsive, and accountable public service that works hard to be diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable. Diversifying leadership is a top priority for the OPS. Our goal is to achieve parity with the Ontario labour force by 2025 for the most under-represented groups (Indigenous, racialized and persons with disabilities) on our leadership teams.
The OPS is an accessible employer and we offer accommodation in all aspects of employment, including the recruitment process.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code . Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Corporate Health Care, you will:
• Lead the infection prevention and control program delivery strategies and methods, including development of guidelines and criteria, resource allocation, performance frameworks, stakeholder capacity-building, operational policies and implementation plans.
• Provide expertise and advice to senior management and staff on infection prevention and control practices, directions, recommendations, issues and risk management strategies.
• Provide oversight for, plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate health promotion and clinical programs and services for secure facilities across the province.
• Lead a multidisciplinary team in the effective delivery of an infection prevention and control program/services through the development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of professional standards and policies and procedures for health care and operations within provincial correctional facilities and probation and parole offices.
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and professional standards.
• Control financial resources and reporting, and develop the multi-year budget and resource plans.
• Build organizational capacity through effective human resources development by authorizing recruitment activities, labour relations management, talent management, organizational design and succession planning.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with key partners and stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate information flow and identification of issues.
• Oversee the development of contingency plans to ensure the continuity of services delivery, security and safety in the event of disruptions that impact infection prevention and control practice (e.g. labour action, emergencies, etc.).
How do I qualify?
• You are a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• You have a valid Ontario driver's licence and willingness to travel occasionally across the province.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) certification.
Leadership and Management Skills:
• You have leadership skills to provide oversight on infection prevention and control strategic plans, and provide advice and expertise to executive levels on issues impacting the Ontario Public Service (OPS) and ministry service deliverables.
• You can lead and manage change by nurturing working relationships with internal staff and external communities with varying views and opinions.
• You have demonstrated experience applying human resources practices, policies, directives and collective agreements in relation to recruitment, training and development and labour relations.
• You possess strong managerial skills to assign/direct work of staff and determine priorities and expectations.
• You have demonstrated the leadership behaviors, attributes and mindsets to lead the OPS into the future. to lead the OPS into the future.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
• You have knowledge of infection prevention and control theories, methods and best practices to monitor infections and outbreaks, and provide occupational health advice.
• You have knowledge of nursing administration, relevant legislation, PIDAC best practices standards, the College of Nurses of Ontario professional standards, guidelines and practices to coordinate health care programs and services, and provide professional direction, and coaching in evidenced-based nursing techniques and practices.
• You have knowledge of health care administration and health care practices to oversee the implementation, evaluation and maintenance of professional standards, protocols and operational policies and procedures for the effective delivery of health care services across the province.
Communication and Stakeholder Management Skills:
• You have proven skills to communicate clearly and effectively to discuss health care concerns, exchange information and seek health care advice.
• You have proven skills to provide strategic advice, and briefs, and make persuasive recommendations to ministry senior management and executives on operational policy/program area plans, proposals and issues resolution.
• You have proven skills to liaise effectively with institutional management and staff, community partners, agencies and organizations and other key stakeholders on various health care matters.
Program and Project Management Skills:
• You have demonstrated the skills to lead the infection prevention and control programs and services supporting the delivery of health care services within correctional facilities across the province.
• You have knowledge of quality assurance and improvement principles and programs, including assessment, identification and management of risks.
• You have knowledge of program evaluation methods and change management principles to lead the development of business and change management strategies to maximize the effectiveness of programs and service delivery.
• You have demonstrated the skills to oversee program partnership development processes and ensure alignment with corporate goals and mandates.
*Be sure to check out the Manager Recruitment Unit's Application Preparation Guide for Aspiring Managers for tips on creating an impactful application!
Salary Range: $90,348 - $136,530 Per Year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 24 months (with the possibility of extension), 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Intelligence, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Corporate Talent Programs Branch, Talent and Leadership Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 195561, by Monday, April 3, 2023. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert