- Corporation of the County of Bruce
- Walkerton, Ontario
- $106,288-$125,034 based on a 35 hour work week
- Closing date
- May 12, 2023
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Area of Practice
- Management / Director / Executive
We are looking for Nursing Managers to join our Long Term Care Home teams in Wiarton and in Walkerton.
"Bold and beautiful Bruce County... a healthy, caring community of prosperity and innovation."
Nestled in the heart of the beautiful rural community of Walkerton is Brucelea Haven, a home for 144 residents. Brucelea Haven was built in 2003, replacing the existing Home for the Aged, thereby continuing a tradition of quality care in Bruce County. Nestled in the heart of the beautiful rural community of Wiarton is Gateway Haven Long Term Care Home. Alongside the picturesque Colpoys Bay in Wiarton, 100 residents call Gateway Haven Home. Both built in 2003, the homes have many wonderful features that contribute to the health and well-being of our residents.
The success of the operation of both Bruce County Long Term Care Homes is built on the foundation that this is a true ‘home’ for all its Residents. Home is a place where residents may live with dignity and in security, safety, and comfort and have their physical, psychological, social, spiritual and cultural needs adequately met. This strong foundational belief is encompassed and supported by the legislation and regulations highlighted in “The Residents’ Rights” and the “Fixing Long Term Care Act, 2021”
Both homes operate as municipal homes, and the not-for profit structure allows for a level of care that is of exceptional quality while also being transparent in operation and accountability.
- Walkerton, ON
- Wiarton, ON
$106,288-$125,034 based on a 35 hour work week
- Competitive Extended Health & Dental Plan
- OMERS Pension
- Employee Assistance Program, Discounts
- Paid Vacation
- $1000 Signing Bonus
Health, Safety & Wellness
- Health & Safety Program
- Workplace Mental Health Program
- Health & Wellness Committee Activities
About the job
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Nursing Manager is responsible for directing and maintaining the highest standard in delivering excellent resident-focused care as required by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The incumbent is responsible for the provision, implementation, and evaluation of resident care. The responsibilities of this role include effective leadership, management, and evaluation of the nursing program to ensure the efficient utilization of human, physical and financial resources. The incumbent will ensure continuous quality improvement outcomes, approved for the facility, are met or exceeded, and demonstrate dedication to professional values and the mission, vision, and values of long-term care. The Nursing Manager will directly supervisor, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Personal Support Workers and Resident Support Assistants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with studies in Geriatrics and/or Nursing Administration
- Current Certificate of Competence in good standing as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 5 years’ experience as a registered nurse
- 3 years’ experience in similar leadership role, unionized/municipal environment is an asset
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
- Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance concerns
- Ability to manage files from start to finish Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies
- Ability to supervise, provide leadership and motivate a team to achieve and exceed their goals
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain lasting working relationships
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- Experience with coaching and employee development
- Experience with budget preparation and management
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
The application deadline is March 27, 2023, at midnight.
This position requires three (3) doses of the COVID-19 vaccination.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert