RVH Emergency Department Career Fair for Registered Nurses
- Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre.
- Barrie, Ontario
- Salary range: $32.24 - $49.02
- Closing date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) is hosting a virtual Emergency Department Career Fair on March 20 & 21, 2023!
If you are a passionate Registered Nurse (RN) looking for your next opportunity to make a rewarding impact and up for the challenge of a fast-paced acute and critical care environment, apply to our ED Career Fair!
If you’re qualified, we will contact you to book a virtual 30-minute interview on March 20 or 21. Check out WHAT WE OFFER and WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR below.
WHO WE ARE
At RVH, we Make Each Life Better. Together. by providing exceptional patient care, including highly specialized services such as Cardiac, Stroke, Oncology, Neonatal Intensive Care, Child & Youth Mental Health and more, and have recently been designated as a Level III Trauma Centre.
As the largest Emergency Department in the region, our team of cares for 82,000 patients each year. Our RNs work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team and support services to ensure they can deliver safe, high-quality care to each patient.
RVH is located on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabek Nation, in Barrie, ON, nestled in the heart of Central Ontario’s waterfront, cottage and ski country. Just 50 minutes north of Toronto, the area offers an incredible quality of life with urban amenities and countless recreational activities, while enjoying the beauty of nature.
To meet the needs of Simcoe Muskoka’s booming-population, RVH is undergoing significant growth that includes doubling the size of our North Campus over the next 10 years, and building a brand-new South Campus in Innisfil, ON.
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe in caring, supporting, and investing in our people, that’s why our team is provided with:
Training, Growth & Development:
- Financial support for Professional Development and Continuing Education
- 12-month Mentorship Program for RNs & RPNs
- In-house courses and training, including BCLS, ACLS, and TNCC
- Clinical Nurse Educators and Clinical Skills Preceptors to support and foster clinical skills
- Clinical Simulation Lab
Health, Wellness & Belonging:
- Peer Support Program available 7 days/week
- Wellness Program, including free, onsite fitness centre
- A workplace that strives for a culture of equity, inclusion & belonging, with opportunities to get involved in DEIB initiatives
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Health Benefits for Full-Time employees, and optional Health Benefits for Part-Time & Casual employees
Communication, Input & Recognition:
- Regular ThoughtExchange surveys to share feedback and ideas
- Conversations with Gail town hall meetings to stay up-to-date and ask questions with RVH President & CEO
- Rounding Conversations with direct leader to discuss opportunities and support
- Culture of recognition and appreciation, as well as formal recognition events, awards, etc.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a qualified candidate you will have:
- Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- One (1) year experience in Emergency or Acute Medicine
It is preferred that you also have:
- Demonstrated competency in arrhythmia interpretation
- Coronary Care Level 1
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) certification
And is considered an asset if you:
- Have completed an Emergency Nursing Certificate
- Participate in Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO), Emergency Nurses’ Association of Ontario (ENAO), and/or Emergency Nurses’ Association (ENA)
NOT QUITE QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION?
RVH has many rewarding career opportunities. Browse our open positions to find the right job for you.
RVH is located in the city of Barrie in the heart of Ontario’s cottage and ski country and is a 50-minute drive north of Toronto. The area offers numerous recreational activities, a relaxed lifestyle and a comparatively low cost of living. Every day, inspiring care is provided to patients across the Simcoe Muskoka region by a team of exceptional employees, physicians and volunteers who demonstrate Work Together, Respect All, Think Big, Own It, and Care. Being a member of the RVH team means you work side-by-side with people who are passionate and dedicated to delivering high quality patient-centred care... opportunities begin here!
201 Georgian Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert