Mental Health Intake Specialist
- Canadian Mental Health Association - York, South Simcoe Branch
- Vaughan, Ontario
- Closing date
- Apr 29, 2023
- Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse
- Work Setting
- Mental Health Facility / Psychiatric Hospital
- Area of Practice
- Mental Health / Psychiatric / Addiction care
We are growing again and are hiring Mental Health Intake Specialists!
One of the fastest growing branches of CMHA, the Canadian Mental Health Association York Region and South Simcoe (CMHA-YRSS) provides 30+ mental health and addiction programs to adults, youth (age 12+), family caregivers, local businesses and community organizations.
We are currently hiring multiple Mental Health Intake Specialist positions for our Ontario Structured Psychotherapy (OSP) program.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of Clinicians, Coaches and Psychologists delivering the free-to-access OSP program to people and across the province, with mild to moderate depression, anxiety and anxiety-related conditions. For more information about this program visit www.osp-cmha.ca
This is an ideal role for candidates to build experience and professional development with the national leader in community mental health while implementing CBT within a publicly funded mental health program.
Permanent, Full-Time roles
- The Mental Health Intake Specialist is responsible for a combination of the following functions: administering assessments (Clinical Intake, Triage Assessment and CITA), triaging clients to appropriate services, providing service navigation, and providing interim support to clients.
- The Mental Health Intake Specialist will provide these functions in alignment with the clinical guidelines of the Ontario Structured Psychotherapy (OSP) program.
- The client population includes those with mild to moderate depression, anxiety and anxiety-related conditions.
- This role is Hybrid. At this time, clinicians are working from our Vaughan office 1-day/week. This may change over time.
Education, Designations and Certifications
- Licensed Registered Practical Nurse, Social Worker or Social Service Worker, with related nursing/social service worker diploma or Bachelor of Social Work.
- Full Member (not in qualifying stage) in good standing of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) or Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
Prior Work Experience
- Three or more years of experience fulfilling the duties of a Registered Practical Nurse, Social Worker or Social Service Worker in a mental health setting is required.
- Two or more years' experience in conducting psychiatric/mental health intake assessments (psychiatric/mental health assessment, gathering relevant information, and triaging), with focus in mood and anxiety disorders, preferred.
Skills and Qualities
- Excellent health assessment skills, sound clinical judgment and diagnostic skills.
- Strong assessment skills to deliver and interpret symptom and outcome measures.
- Results-oriented work ethic and ability to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and to deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, organization’s values, and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Proficiency in French/English language skills is considered an asset
- Familiarity with a Microsoft Office365 applications (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with scheduling and electronic medical record keeping using a clinical management system is an asset
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Why work for CMHA York Region?
We are a team committed to our vision of mental health support for all. We offer an inclusive, innovative and high-performance work culture that helps us deliver transformational impact. The organization cares about the growth, safety and well-being of employees and offers:
- Competitive Total Compensation
- HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan)
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Robust Performance and Career Development program
- Learning & development opportunities
If you are interested in this opportunity, click on the “Apply Now” button above and proceed to upload your cover letter and resume.
Complete the application form and submit the following:
- Cover letter with 300 words or less and tell us why you would want this role and why you should be considered for the position (PDF or Word)
- Resume (PDF or Word)
CMHA-YRSS supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome all applicants including persons with lived experience, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of the 2SLGBTQ+, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert