Registered Nurses (Behchoko, NT)
- Behchoko, Northwest Territories
- $91,494-$137,163, plus annual Northern Living Allowance OF $5,517
- Closing date
- Apr 22, 2023
- Nurse Practitioner, Public Health Nurse, Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
- Community Care, General Nursing, Public Health
Are you a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner looking for a change of pace in a small community where nature is at your doorstep? We are now hiring for one-year contracts for a Public Health Nurse, a Nurse in Charge, and a Nurse Practitioner. For great pay, benefits, and a work/life balance that is unmatched, apply today!
Based in Behchokǫ, the largest Dene community in the territory, you’ll be a short one-hour drive from the capital of Yellowknife. Here you can expect frequent community events, town meetings, craft sales, and tournaments such as the popular Traditional Hand Games Tournament that takes place each summer. What better way to see the vibrancy of the Dene Culture on full display?
Salaries start at $91k for Public Health Nurses, $109k for NICs, and $114k for NPs, plus an annual Northern Living Allowance of $5,517, labour market supplement of $7,000, health and dental, a generous pension plan, outstanding leave benefits, relocation assistance, and professional development opportunities and education support. Our graduate nurses are also typically eligible for student loan forgiveness through Canada’s Loan Forgiveness program.
This job typically requires:
- PHN – BN with 2 years recent experience in public health and community health NIC – BN with 5 years recent nursing experience, 1 year in a northern health center, and 3 years supervisory experience NP – Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) with 2 years recent NP experience in an emergency department of community health centre
Apply now! Competition is open until filled.
Interested in knowing more about living and working in the NWT? Visit www.PracticeNWT.ca or follow us on social media @practicenwt.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert