Clinical Practice Leader – ED, Nephrology, Cardiology, Mental Health, OR Vascular Safety and DI
- Scarborough Health Network
- Scarborough, Ontario
- Closing date
- Apr 3, 2023
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca.
We are also proud to be named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2022!
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is seeking a high-energy and dynamic healthcare leader to join its team to serve as Clinical Practice Leaders (CPL) in various areas at SHN including Emergency Medicine, Nephrology, Cardiology, Mental Health, or Vascular Safety and Diagnostic Imaging Program. In a key strategic and clinical practice leadership role, the CPL provides leadership, direction, and professional oversight to a dynamic staff team across three main sites. This position reports directly to the Director of Professional Practice and works closely with the programs, director, managers, and physicians.
As an integral member of the Professional Practice Leadership Team, the CPL is an innovative clinical expert with leadership, clinical care and academic responsibilities. The CPL is responsible for overseeing and supervising clinical and professional practice and developing/and supporting professional expertise in patient care and education by providing leadership and consultation, acting as a resource for staff, mentoring and coaching, monitoring performance and workload, ensuring quality staff and student educational programs along with manager on-call responsibilities.
With a focus on quality and patient safety, the CPL ensures that the daily delivery of services is provided according to the highest professional practice standards and regulatory requirements and that all aspects of services are fully integrated to meet the needs of those we serve. The CPL, in consultation with managers, directors and other practice leaders, works closely with their team to: develop and integrate professional standards, ensure integration of collaborative, patient-centred care into daily practice, facilitate professional involvement in quality, education and research initiatives, align professional goals with the strategic directions of SHN, College of Nurses, and their profession, promote the profession with external partners, and acts as a resource to programs and the organization for clinical practice matters involving the professions and leads education and orientation.
• Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Baccalaureate degree completed in Nursing
• Masters Degree completed or in progress
• Minimum three years of related clinical experience
• Current BCLS – CPR
• Current PALS and ACLS certification (For ED)
• Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory, tools, techniques and principles
• Knowledgeable with Quality Based Procedures, care pathways and best practices guidelines
• Familiar with CNO standards and guidelines
• Experience with project management or program planning, as well as the Lean philosophy and continuous quality improvement, preferred
• Experience with developing policies and procedures and learning packages for both staff and patients
• Evidence of strong mentoring, teaching, organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all team members
• Excellent computer skills including word, power point and excel and competency in information and communication technology
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Must demonstrate a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
Asset depending on position
• Ability to speak another language
• OHA CTAS instructor
• Completion of Emergency Certificate
• Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Instructor
• Experience with electronic documentation
• Experience with online learning modules (creating, developing)
• PALS and ACLS instructor status
• RNAO Membership
• Canadian Nurses Association Certification
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
2867 Ellesmere rd
Apply for Clinical Practice Leader – ED, Nephrology, Cardiology, Mental Health, OR Vascular Safety and DI
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert