- South East Grey Community Health Centre
- Markdale, Ontario
- Closing date
- Apr 3, 2023
- Nurse Practitioner
- Work Setting
- Primary Care (Physician's Office)
Join our team! The South East Grey Community Health Centre (SEGCHC) is a primary care facility situated beautiful Southern Grey County, with sites in Markdale, Dundalk and Chatsworth. SEGCHC is dedicated to meeting the broader needs of the communities through the development and implementation of primary care, health promotion and community development best practices. SEGCHC is one of the highest performing Centers in Ontario, meeting and exceeding all Ministry of Health indicators.
The CHC is located in an area of Ontario that provides endless opportunity for exploring the splendor of the outdoors with close access to skiing, hiking (Bruce Trail), water sports and natural rural beauty. Your adventure starts here!
Effective immediately, we are seeking a permanent full-time (37.5 hours per week) Primary Care Nurse Practitioner to join our team. Permanent Part Time Positions may also be explored with candidates.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic NP who can contribute to the health of the community by caring for rostered clients and using creative problem solving and critical thinking skills to contribute a healthy community and healthy workplace. NP’s with an interest in mental health and/or addiction medicine would be an asset.
Reporting to the Clinical Director and Executive Director and working as part of a Community Health Centre multi-disciplinary team, the NP’s responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team including, physicians, other nurse practitioners, nurses, administrative staff, dietitians, physiotherapists, social workers, chiropodist, health promoter, and community developer. Caring for rostered patients while being supported by consulting physicians and NP colleagues. Documenting all encounters on an electronic medical records system ensuring that data quality standards are met.
Education and knowledge required:
- Current registration with and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Experience and willingness to provide patient care to a wide variety of patient populations including: frail elderly, clients experiencing challenges with addictions and mental health, new parents and babies and palliative clients. Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies Experience in and/or a strong understanding of an interdisciplinary model of health care. Minimum of 3-5 years’ NP work experience (preferred) Advanced proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications including Microsoft Office and electronic medical records systems (Practice Solutions would be considered as asset). Program development experience considered an asset. Primary health care experience, preferably in a community setting.
South East Grey Community Health Centre offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan. We also offer an attractive and rewarding work environment.
- Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
Diversity and Inclusion
- South East Grey Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert