- William Osler Health System
- Brampton, Ontario
- Closing date
- Apr 2, 2023
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
Registered Nurse – One (1) Part Time
DEPARTMENT/CAMPUS: Angiography, Diagnostic Imaging - Brampton Civic Hospital
POSTING NUMBER: OSLER20970
HOURS: Currently Days, 8 hour shifts, with participation in stand-by and call-in rotation for evenings/nights and weekends (Subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a regulated health care professional who is accountable and responsible for providing quality patient focused nursing care to patients in the Diagnostic Imaging Unit. As part of the inter-professional health care team, the RN will practice according to the nursing practice expectations set by William Osler Health System, the regulatory practice standards of the College of Nurses and the legislative requirements set by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
• Current registration, and in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Sound knowledge of nursing process, theory, and responsibilities to the nursing profession
• BCLS required
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, conflict-resolution and decision-making skills required
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an inter-professional team
• Demonstrated knowledge of patient and family-centred care
• Demonstrated experience with patient and family health teaching required
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills required
• Demonstrated excellent customer service, organizational and critical-thinking skills required
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development as it applies to the profession and related field
• Demonstrated ability to work in a stressful environment
• Exemplary clinical practice within an inter-professional team to develop appropriate strategies for patient care
• Ability to prioritize patient care needs and make autonomous decisions
• Excellent physical assessment skills required
• Ability to promote a healthy work environment and practice excellent Client Safety guidelines
• Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Must demonstrate Osler Values of Respect, Excellence, Service, Compassion, Innovation, Collaboration
• May be required to travel and work between all Osler campuses
• Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record
THE DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING INTERVENTIONAL ANGIOGRAPHY RN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Safe nursing practice in all aspects of the nursing process: Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care
• Professional, patient-centred care to ensure patient safety and physiological and psychological well-being
• Providing care in a compassionate and caring manner within a diverse cultural environment.
• Practicing according to the infection control and prevention measures.
• Responding to emergency situations by recognizing changes in patient's health status and consulting appropriately when necessary using Transfer of Accountability principles
• Providing health teaching to patients and families including thorough discharge instructions to ensure the continuity of care in the community
• Experience within the last 5 years in Diagnostic Imaging or Interventional Radiology preferred
• Experience within the last 5 years in Emergency, Critical Care or Operating Room an asset
• Cardiac Catheterization Lab or Endoscopy experience an asset
• ACLS certification required, or successful completion within one (1) year of hire
• Coronary Care I and II preferred
• Ideal candidate must be physically able and will be required to wear lead apron for extended periods of time
* In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume with your on-line application.
** Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted **
Please apply online at www.williamoslerhs.ca
Patient-inspired health care without boundaries
William Osler Health System (Osler) is an accredited hospital system comprised of Brampton Civic Hospital, Etobicoke General Hospital and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness. Osler also operates a unit at the Reactivation Care Centre at the Humber River Hospital – Church site and a Withdrawal Management Centre in Brampton. Together, we provide patient-inspired care to 1.3 million people in Brampton, Etobicoke and surrounding communities, serving one of the fastest-growing and most culturally diverse regions in Ontario.
Guided by our 2019-24 Strategic Plan, Going Beyond for Healthier Communities, we're shifting traditional thinking and reimagining care to help people live healthier lives, reduce chronic disease and more easily access the services they need.
We are committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in an environment that inspires our staff, physicians and volunteers to learn, innovate and grow. We are proud to have been recognized for many consecutive years as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers and Canada's Best Diversity Employers.
Our promise is Going Beyond:
- We go above and beyond the expected.
- We go beyond traditional solutions.
- We reach beyond our walls to work with partners.
- We look beyond the condition and see the person.
Osler has started an exciting three-year journey to become a globally-recognized Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) after being selected as a BPSO candidate by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) following an extensive application process. As an organization committed to delivering safe, compassionate, high-quality care, Osler’s journey to achieve BPSO designation highlights our continued commitment to deliver the highest standards of care to our patients, every time.
2100 Bovaird Dr
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert