Manager, Interprofessional Education, Quality & Innovation
- Headwaters Health Care Centre
- Orangeville, Ontario
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Other - Discipline
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
Reporting to the Program Director, Interprofessional Practice, Quality, Risk and Patient Experience the Manager Interprofessional Practice, Quality & Innovation works collaboratively with the HHCC Leadership Team and Department Chiefs to advance interprofessional practice, quality and innovative, initiatives at HHCC. They will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership, management of quality including but not limited to the oversight, development, implementation, and evaluation of projects including Accreditation, QIP, and patient safety initiatives at HHCC.
The Manager Interprofessional Practice, Quality & Innovation will mentor others in interprofessional practice, quality and innovation work and will focus on quality care outcomes through educational program planning, collaboration with members of the interprofessional team, implementation, and evaluation processes to enhance knowledge, skills, and professionalism of the clinical staff.
This role will also work to build partnerships with departments across the hospital to identify opportunities for process improvements and provide the support and tools required to further investigate those opportunities and realize potential benefits.
The Manager Interprofessional Practice, Quality & Innovation is accountable for inspiring the HHCC’s corporate values and encourages the team to set unit goals that align with these values and strategic directions and works collaboratively.
The scope of this role includes:
- Leading the focus on evidence-based practice and quality of care while engaging innovation across the organization. Provides leaderships for all patient safety initiatives, including incident management support, quality of care reviews and new initiatives. Managing multiple projects through a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful leadership style. Identifying quality and innovation opportunities within the larger corporate environment. Development of work plans and frameworks to ensure successful achievement of targets and goals. Coordination, analysis, and reporting of metrics related to corporate performance and progress of quality initiatives. Participation in committees that directly impact practice, quality, and safety at HHCC.
The Manager is also responsible for ensuring best practices in the organization by leading the development, maintenance, and evaluation of clinical practice systems and processes to advance patient care planning and documentation. This mandate is to be achieved through assessment of learning needs and deployment of professional education resources in consultation with the HHCC Leadership team.
The Manager has accountability for our purpose of “one community, caring together”, and provides leadership to foster a culture of continuous quality improvement and effective teamwork. A key competency within the role includes building and strengthening partnerships within the community sector as well as among organizational stakeholders.
- Masters prepared in relevant field preferred. Registration in good standing from the healthcare regulatory college representing their profession. Minimum 3 years hospital experience relevant to the program(s) in a hospital setting demonstrating ability in managing interpersonal and fiscal challenges of a highly demanding clinical setting. Minimum 3 years progressive management experience. Experience with clinical practice projects and interprofessional leadership is preferred; and Experience with quality, safety, and risk within an acute care hospital setting is preferred. Possess strong and effective communication and team-building skills and use them successfully to motivate and engage staff. Experienced in the LEAN philosophy is an asset. Demonstrated experience with envisioning and supporting large-scale change. Ability to create a collaborative multidisciplinary working environment that fosters high morale and effective staff relationships and participation. Knowledge and understanding of Employer responsibilities in accordance with collective agreements. Experience at forging partnerships with stakeholders from across the spectrum of health care enables you to see the “big picture” and anticipate opportunities that continually lead to best-in-class patient care.
- Entitled to HOOPP Pension 100%
- Employer Cost Benefits
- Please apply under the "leadership tab" to posting #041-23.
- All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code
Headwaters Health Care Centre is at the heart of medical services for the Greater Dufferin area and a major employer in the region.
Located in Orangeville, Headwaters operates as an acute and complex continuing care facility, offering both inpatient and outpatient services, as well as an Emergency Department with 24/7 coverage. With over 700 staff and over 160 physicians, the hospital is accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada.
- 5199412702 ext 2206
100 Rolling Hills Drive
Apply for Manager, Interprofessional Education, Quality & Innovation
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert