Nurse Practitioner - Long Term Care - Full-time or Part-time available
- Eastholme, Home for the Aged
- Powassan, Ontario
- $113,006.00 - $120,307.00 per annum
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Nurse Practitioner
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Area of Practice
- Geriatric Care, Management / Director / Executive
- Full-time, Part-time
Permanent Full-time or Part-time - we have the ability to offer this role on either a full-time or part-time basis so please let us know your preference!
Under the direction of the Administrator and in collaboration with our Director of Care, Medical Director and Attending Physicians, the Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for helping to provide optimal care for our residents.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will help to provide clinical leadership for the Home’s interdisciplinary team and will receive guidance from the Home’s Medical Director and Attending Physicians on the development of best practice guidelines for approaches for diagnoses and implementing and monitoring of established treatment plans for residents in the Home.
The goal of this role is to build and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with our internal team, physicians, and other members of the health care team to provide the most efficient, appropriate primary care to residents.
A Sampling of What You Get to do
- Consult with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in person-centred care.
- Under the guidance of the Medical Director develop best practice guidelines for approaches for diagnoses and treatment and establish the conditions for escalation to the Medical Director or outside care (such as Hospitals, specialists etc.).
- Work with the Medical Director and Attending Physician to assess, investigate, diagnose, and treat residents, providing shared care for the resident along with their physician partners.
- Implement/monitor established treatment plans and collaborate with the physicians to provide follow up on diagnoses.
- In collaboration with the Director of Care:
- Implement resident-focused programs, policies, and procedures
- Help to provide direction and leadership to RN's, RPN's, PSW's, and other direct care staff in all aspects of resident care, within established legislative standards.
- Participate in the identification, analysis, and interpretation of trends in resident care outcomes and professional nursing practice issues to determine priorities for educational programming.
What is Required?
- BSc. Nursing required.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class (Primary Health Care or Adult) and entitled to practice.
- Knowledgeable about primary health care issues in Long Term Care as well as current, evidence-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction.
- Previous management/ supervisory experience, with strong people/ human resources knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills coupled with excellent communication skills, strong planning, interpersonal, facilitation, team building and coaching skills, including the ability to share information and teach while treating a resident.
- Must be willing to work the hours necessary to ensure the effective operation of the facility and be prepared to respond to emergent situations.
- Must provide a complete and current Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check).
- Must be willing to obtain any, and all, required immunizations as set out by legislation or regulations.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert