At Guelph General Hospital, we are committed to our Mission of Together, a healthier community for everyone.
Living our values is important here and if you want to join a team that is compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative and inspired, you can see more details about the position currently available below. Position Summary:
The Geriatric Emergency Management (GEM) Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) acts as an expert clinical resource to better serve frail seniors in the Emergency Department. The GEM CNS liaises with other hospitals, specialized geriatric services, community support services, the Community Care Access Centre and long-term care homes within the Waterloo-Wellington region. Working collaboratively with other GEM nurses across the province, the GEM CNS develops ways to build capacity to deliver more effective emergency services for frail seniors.
The GEM's Clinical Nurse Specialist provides high quality, safe, effective and evidence-based care in partnership with patients and families, in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario standards and GGH's mission, vision, values and policies. The GEM CNS demonstrates advanced nursing knowledge and clinical practice expertise and provides leadership to promote program development, process improvements and the enhancement of professional standards. The CNS optimizes the patient's experience and care outcomes by:
In this role, you will:
- Being accountable for one's decisions and professional practice;
- Establishing a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family;
- Collaborating with other members of the patient's care team;
- Coordinating, communicating and documenting patient care activities.
- Have ongoing opportunities to learn and grow with a generous professional development program via our education assistance fund and in-house development programs
- Have access to an amazing total rewards package which includes competitive pay, health and dental benefits, Short and long term disability and the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) where we match your contributions by 126%
- Be a part of an organization committed to the well-being of our workforce
- Support the Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team's commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression through our actions
- Be a part of a team of high performing health care professionals
Guelph is the perfect location for health care professionals seeking to make the most of life's experiences. From our expansive trails and waterways to internationally recognized arts and cultural events, to diverse restaurants and craft breweries, the Royal City has something for everyone
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- It's one of Ontario's most robust and growing economies
- You will have access to excellent schools which include a university and college
- There are multiple centres of faith reflected in the community
- Certificate of registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Master's degree in Nursing or a related health care field, completed, or near completion
- Gerontology nursing certification recommended
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Geriatrics or Emergency Services
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice, nursing standards and life-long learning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent assessment skills
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge translation initiatives with the ability to apply adult teaching and learning principles
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues, physicians and community partners
Come and join our team if you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be support and empowered.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities. In pursuit of GGH's vision of together, a healthier community for everyone, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of being compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and inspired to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.