Registered Practical Nurse Department:
Permanent Full-time Hours:
Monday to Sunday; Various rotating 12 hour shifts (Subject to change based on operational requirements.)Site:
Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always, goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!
At Halton Healthcare you will thrive in a healthcare culture and environment that embraces inclusion, diversity and belonging with 'exemplary patient care, always' at the heart of everything we do.
We empower our people to be the very best they can be so they can make a difference for our patients and the communities we serve.
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative center of excellence in community hospital care.UNIT PROFILE
The Emergency Department is a 54 bed unit that serves the communities of Halton, Halton Hills and the surrounding areas. Last year, we had approximately 78,000 visits although the number is estimated to climb to 81,000 this year.
Our ED serves patients of all ages and treats patients of every medical and mental health illness.
Our ED has uniquely built in a 5 bed mental health unit and a dedicated DI cluster to better service our patients.
Our roaming triage model helps us to quickly triage patients and deploy them to the most appropriate area of the department where they will be treated.
Our 24-hour staff are fortunate to be comprised of nurses, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and many other members of a very robust multidisciplinary team. Dedicated internal medicine in the ED working with two nurse practitioners helps to ensure comprehensive assessments of patients for timely referrals and/or admission.This is what you'll be doing:
This is what you'll need to do it:
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care in compliance with scope of practice
- Responsible and accountable for patient outcomes
- Identifies and prioritizes for the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the patient
- Provides care in a compassionate and caring manner within a diverse cultural environment
- Acts as a patient advocate
- Incorporates current validated research and evidenced-based practice into clinical practice
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure standards of care and practice are met
- Collaborates to co-ordinate patient care with the patient/family and members of the Interdisciplinary Team
- Collaborates to co-ordinate discharge planning with the patient /family and members of the Interdisciplinary Team/utilizes discharge instruction sheets and review with patients and family members
- Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary team to ensure continuity of patient care in the community
- Monitors length of stay and works towards continual achievement of ER LOS targets
- Monitors quality of patient care through the application of risk management activities
- Assists with the development of teaching materials and provides education for staff, patients and patient's relatives
- Provides a safe and secure environment for patients, their families, and staff
- Uses infection control and prevention measures
- Collaborates as necessary to develop, review, modify, and update the patient's plan of care
- Collaborates with the CRN or Charge Nurse for provision of patient care if there is a demonstrated alteration in acuity/predictability of the patient outcome
- Seeks direction, support and guidance from the RN in accord with the defined scope of practice.
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Must have a minimum of 1 year Emergency Department experience
- Current Heart & Stroke approved Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at time of hire
- Minimum education: Practical Nursing Diploma required
- Completion of a recognized Medication Administration Course with recent experience in administering IV antibiotics, IM/SC injections, a preferred added skill set of IV initiation and performance of ECGs
- Physical Assessment Course required
- Phlebotomy Certificate required
- Recent experience in an Emergency Department
- Sound knowledge of nursing process, theory, and responsibilities to the profession
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills
- Sound problem-solving, conflict resolution and decision making skills
- Functions independently within scope of practice
- Maximizes utilization of resources
- Aware of multicultural issues affecting health care needs
- Basic computer skills- Order Entry module of Meditech required
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.Salary Scale
: $24.93 to $31.17 per hourDate Posted:
December 22, 2022Internal Applicants Due By:
December 29, 2022
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
All Halton Healthcare staff, professional staff and volunteers are encouraged to be vigilant about identifying and reporting safety incidents in their everyday practice. They also have a role in analysis, recommendations and follow through to implementation