Registered Nurse Department:
Mental Health Treatment Unit 2Status:
Permanent Full Time Hours:
Various rotating 12 hour Day and Night shifts - 0730-1930/1930-0730 - (hours subject to change based on operational needs)Site:
Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always, goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!
At Halton Healthcare you will thrive in a healthcare culture and environment that embraces inclusion, diversity and belonging with 'exemplary patient care, always' at the heart of everything we do.
We empower our people to be the very best they can be so they can make a difference for our patients and the communities we serve.
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative center of excellence in community hospital care.This is what you'll be doing:
This is what you'll need to do it:
- The RN functions as a valued member of the multidisciplinary team providing assessment and evidence-based nursing care for patients with acute mental health needs.
- Solid knowledge and skill includes the ability to perform thorough mental status examination, to utilize developmentally appropriate approaches, to implement and evaluate of various therapeutic interventions, to provide mental health teaching to patients and families, based on principles of adult education, to provide one to one and group therapeutic interventions.
- Essential to the role is a strong knowledge of all pertinent mental health legislation and the application of it in order to advocate effectively for patients living with mental health disorders.
- The nurse uses Case Management principles of planning and carrying out care consistently over the duration of a patient´s admission, allowing for a deeper and more informed therapeutic partnership. Belief in recovery and instilling hope are our critical values.
- Using a Primary Nursing Model, the successful candidate will function as a member of the multidisciplinary team on our adult in-patient mental health unit. The nurse will be skilled in dealing with acutely ill and high risk psychiatric populations including suicidal individuals, those with severe depressive or psychotic illnesses and personality and behaviour disorders.
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- C.N.A. certification in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing designation or required commitment to obtain in the next 2 years.
- Completion of Non-violent crisis intervention training required
- Minimum of 1 year acute mental health experience required
- Knowledge and skill in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing to Practice within the Canadian Federation of Mental Health Nurses´ Standards of Practice (www.cfmhn.ca/standards.html)
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act of Ontario & other related legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of current psychopharmacology and other treatments in Mental Health
- Effective computer skills
- Excellent problem solving and conflict/crisis resolution skills
- Ability to establish a therapeutic alliance with clients
- Willing to participate in and learn effective leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding to this population mandatory
- Effective team player who projects a positive, non-judgmental attitude
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
$34.24 to $49.02 per hourDate Posted
: December 20, 2022Internal Applications Due by:
December 27, 2022
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com
directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
All Halton Healthcare staff, professional staff and volunteers are encouraged to be vigilant about identifying and reporting safety incidents in their everyday practice. They also have a role in analysis, recommendations and follow through to implementation