We are Currently Seeking a:
Nurse Practitioner (NP) — House Calls Program
Temporary Full-time (1 year contract)
Based at SPRINT Senior Care, a community support service organization in north Toronto, House Calls provides primary and acute health care for housebound seniors living within the catchment area bounded by the Don Valley/Bayview on the east, Humber river on the west, 401 on the north and south to Queen/Carlton.
Clients have access to a range of supports and services available through the program, such as in-home assessment, intensive case management over the long term, chronic disease management, falls prevention, wellness programming, adult day services and any in-home community support services (e.g. Meals on Wheels and personal care) that may be required. The NP is an active member of this interdisciplinary team that also includes 2 social workers, 3 occupational therapists, 2 physiotherapists, 2 team coordinators, and 3 full-time and 5 part-time family physicians.
· Provide client and family-centered care independently and in collaboration with other team members to a small roster of homebound patients.
· Demonstrate all of the Advanced Nursing Practice Competencies outlined by the Canadian Nurses Association including clinical practice, research, leadership, consultation and collaboration.
· Conduct health assessment and diagnosis, therapeutic management, and health promotion and prevention of illness and injury.
· Work in collaboration with the medical team in a shared-care model of practice providing cross coverage when the physicians are not available.
· Liaise regularly with external health organizations including Sinai Health System—Mount Sinai Hospital and Public Health Ontario.
· Support best practice in seniors’ care, mentoring nurses and other health care providers where appropriate.
· Consult on patient/client care, and providing advice, expertise and consultation services.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
· Currently registered with the CNO as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class.
· Currently have RNAO or NPAO membership with LAP or equivalent.
· Successfully completed a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program in Ontario or equivalent and hold a Masters degree in Nursing with a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program (family all ages).
· Your clinical focus will be in community health nursing practice with recent experience with chronic disease management, geriatric nursing care, and nursing in the community/home care sector where there is an emphasis on collaborative practice within an inter-professional milieu.
· Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, push and pulling
· You have demonstrated clinical leadership skills and a commitment to continued participation in research.
· Valid driver’s license and use of a car on the job is required.
PLEASE NOTE: To protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and their families and in the interest to follow strong public health measures, it is a requirement of employment at VHA Home Healthcare to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A fully vaccinated person means you have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, at least 14 days prior to your start date and you will need to provide proof by submitting a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose Administration Receipts or government vaccination passport. VHA Home HealthCare will consider cases needing accommodation as stipulated by the Ontario Human Rights Code. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
To apply, please go to www.vha.ca/careers to complete our quick and easy online application.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply and will review applications as they are received, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.