Chartwell London Long Term Care Residence
2000 Blackwater Road, London, Ontario N5X 4K6
January 27, 2023
At Chartwell, we're all about Making People's Lives Better for our residents, their families, and our employees. Join an exceptional group of diverse, caring, and passionate people who are inspired to make a difference in their own lives and are dedicated to delivering an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
The Registered Nurse (RN) in a Long Term Care Residence provides professional nursing care to residents in accordance with required medical care and professional nursing practice. They may supervise the activities and provide direction to the Registered Practical Nurses and Personal Support Workers in the residence.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualized care to meet the resident's holistic needs and promoting and respecting the Resident Bill of Rights;
- Ensure resident plan of care is established and implemented in accordance with policy and that the care plan is developed and implemented in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary care team;
- Assess and reassess the resident health status and communicate resident care needs and changes in resident status to key resident contacts;
- Provides input into the discharge planning, consideration for admission and or transfer of residents into or out of the unit;
- As required, provides direct resident care and participates in resident teaching related to care needs;
- Encourages active participation by residents in therapy programs and recreational activities;
- Liaise with physicians and other internal and external members of the health care team to ensure resident care needs are met;
- Respects and uses sensitivity in spiritual, cultural and ethnic aspects of resident care;
- Assigns unit staff according to home policy and care needs of the residents;
- Ensures routines and schedules of the unit are adhered to by all nursing unit staff to ensure the smooth running of the unit;
- Serves as a resource person for other nursing staff in identifying and solving nursing or resident care problems;
- Delegate clinical responsibilities to qualified staff in accordance with Chartwell policy and CNO standards of practice;
- Participates in the hiring and performance review process of non-registered staff;
- Represents the Home at appropriate community and professional meetings; attend workshops, in-service sessions and other scheduled meeting as authorized by the Director of Care;
- As a supervisor, ensure that all work performed is conducted in a safe manner in accordance with Chartwell policy and procedure including established Occupational Health and Safety procedures;
The ideal candidates will possess:
- All Registered Nurses must have a current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario and be a member in good standing;
- A sound knowledge and background in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care nursing including activation, nursing, and personnel administration;
- Knowledge of the Long Term Care Act, Program Standards for Long Term Care, the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupation Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food and Drugs Act (Canada), Narcotic Control Act (Canada), Coroners Act, College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Practice and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statues which influence the operation of the Nursing Home and more specifically the nursing department;
- Must possess good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell's commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities. If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.