Home and Community Care Support Services South West is seeking a Nurse Practitioner!
The Nurse Practitioner is a self-directed practitioner who provides holistic patient care based on advanced nursing and basic medical management knowledge and skills for a selected patient population. This is a permanent full time Nurse Practitioner position in the Owen Sound location with an initial assignment to work with patients in our Grey and Bruce counties.
What will you do?
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Provide care for medically complex patients in their own homes.
- Provide palliative care for patients in their own homes as they near end of life.
- Liaise with patients, families and all health care providers and using clinical assessment, monitoring and management skills to provide the best possible patient care.
- Help patients to manage pain and symptoms and avoid unnecessary hospitalization.
- Manage acute and episodic episodes of complex disease
What must you have?
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO): Registered Nurse Certificate of Competence with Extended Class.
- Completion of a Nurse Practitioner Certificate.
- Successful completion of the CNO Adult or Primary Care Nurse Practitioner examinations.
- Minimum two (2) years of recent nursing experience with individuals who require end of life care.
- Demonstrated use of theory and research/evidence based outcomes within own practice.
- Clinical research experience - knowledge of basic research designs, measurement techniques and statistical methods.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Nursing Professional Practice Models.
- Knowledge and experience in change theory and adult learning principles.
- Knowledge and experience with the long term care system and the principles of patient & family centered care.
- Travel throughout the South West region may be required.
- Effective interpersonal relationship and group/team skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team environment, including ability to work with team members of diverse culture who may be providing alternative approaches to care.
- Demonstrated leadership for the advancement of clinical practice and achievement of Program goals.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills and ability to conceptualize and analyze problems.
- Ability to be self-directed and function independently.
What would give you an advantage?
- Proficiency in a second language, particularly French;
- Completion of Masters of Science in Nursing (MScN);
- An ambassador of workplace culture.
Who we are:
Home and Community Care Support Services South West is one of 14 Home and Community Care Support Services organizations in Ontario with a focused mandate to deliver local health care services such as home and community care and long-term care home placement. These organizations were previously known as Local Health Integration Networks at a time when they also led local health care planning and funding, and those functions are now part of Ontario Health. Learn more at www.healthcareathome.ca/southwest.
Our organization is a recipient of the 2019 Canada's Healthy Workplace Month Great Employers Award, making it a recognized organization in supporting employee health and safety.
How do I apply?
Please visit www.HealthCareAtHomeJobs.ca to submit your resume and cover letter. Application deadline is
Wednesday January 25th, 2023 at 23:59 hours.
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
Home and Community Care Support Services has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy across the province that requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants being considered for employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination documentation confidentially to Human Resources upon hire. Any medical or human rights exemption requests will be reviewed and validated prior to an offer of employment.
System ID: 2023-5774
Job Type (EN): Full-Time
Job Industry (Choose up to 3 industries) (EN): Healthcare and Medical Services
Career Level (EN): Experienced
External Company URL: https://healthcareathomejobs.ca