Nurse Practitioner - CardiologyPermanent Full-Time
The Nurse Practitioner (NP), Cardiology provides comprehensive nursing services including health promotion, disease and injury prevention, treatment, cure, rehabilitation and support for patients with cardiac issues. The NP has advanced knowledge, skill and decision-making skills in providing comprehensive health focused approach in meeting the health needs of patient with cardiac issues. The NP will practice within the interprofessional team model and be responsible for promoting best practices in geriatric care and promote excellence in the nursing care of patients with cardiac issues through direct patient care, program design, clinical consultation, staff education and research.
The RN (EC) has an expanded scope of practice that includes a range of diagnoses, prescribing a range of drugs and ordering a range of diagnostic tests. The RN (EC) role will encompass the full scope of advanced nursing practice blended with expanded functions including medical directives.What must you have?
What else do you bring?
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an Extended Class RN and is a member in good
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated current expertise in caring for patients with cardiac issues and management
- Advanced knowledge, skill and decision making and expertise in the nursing care of patients with cardiac issues
- Demonstrated competency in the following areas: health assessment and diagnosis; health care management and therapeutic intervention; health promotion and prevention of illness, injury and complications in the care of patients with cardiac issues
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Facilitates application of relevant information to make effective judgments and decisions to lead the management of care for patients with cardiac issues
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of theories guiding adult learning principles and principles guiding health promotion
- Demonstrated knowledge of planning, developing and implementing education initiatives for health care providers and community members.
- Experience in Case Management
- Embraces a philosophy of patient and family-centered
- Demonstrates leadership in clinical
- Assesses and provides services to clients, families and
- Provides comprehensive health services encompassing:
- Identification and management of chronic stable conditions
- Prevention of disease and injuries
- Health promotion and education
- Continuity of care
- Support Services
- Advanced nursing assessment skills and sound knowledge of clinical
- Advanced clinical knowledge and implementation of evidenced-based practice
- Effective patient/family counseling
- Excellent organizational, critical appraisal and analytical
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- High level of initiative and self-
- Exemplary interpersonal and communications
- Superior interpersonal, coaching, and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making, problem recognition and problem solving skills
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at a senior
- Proven attendance
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health's Commitment to
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health - Excellence, Leadership and
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting healthcare environment.
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Membership in the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario
- Membership in the Nurse Practitioner Association of Ontario, preferred
- CNA (Canadian Nurse Association) Certification in Cardiovascular Nursing is an asset
* This position is represented by ONA.
** Primary location is at 955 Major Mackenzie Drive, Vaughan; However, you may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health.
#mackenziehealthcareersFOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.