Registered Staff – Extendicare Kapuskasing
The Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards. This position is in Kapuskasing, Ontario.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans.
- Monitor residents’ health, notes change in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physician orders
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices
What Extendicare has to offer:
At Extendicare, we believe that working as a team creates an environment that allows us to reach our potential. We value each employee, encourage equal opportunity for growth and recognize achievement. As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
- Continuous mentorship, support for life-long learning and growth opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth within the organization
- A rewarding and meaningful work experience where you can enrich your life and the lives of others through your work.
- Employee Family Assistance Program. Robust benefits package.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Interested Candidates can send their Resumes to the attention of:
Linda Chivanga Administrator, Extendicare Kapuskasing
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Extendicare's Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Extendicare’s hiring process.
Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.