If you are a Registered Nurse with a passion for providing exceptional patient care, GBGH wants YOU! Do you seek to deliver the highest level of service to meet the needs of your patients while advancing your career and working alongside a dynamic and compassionate team?
GBGH is looking for experienced RNs, as well as RNs interested in comprehensive Critical Care training. Our leadership understands that not everyone may bring 100% of the skills and experiences required for the role, but they will advocate for you and help to remove barriers you may face. Our team will be your champion to promote and support your professional development. If you are looking to take the next step in your career, we are excited to learn more about you and we encourage you to apply!
As a RN in our Level 3 designated Intensive Care Unit supporting the Midland and Georgian Bay area, you will care for critically-ill patients who often require advanced ventilatory and hemodynamic support. These complex patients require the best care the nursing profession has to offer. GBGH promotes a safe environment, optimizing outcomes and maximizing available resources to best care for our patients and their families. You will be part of a highly skilled interdisciplinary team that includes dedicated professional practice support, offering you the opportunity to tailor and develop your advanced nursing skillset.
Why Work Full Time at GBGH:
- Student Loan Forgiveness.
- Career Development and Education Sessions.
- Mentorship with our Professional Practice Team.
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans.
- Group Benefits, including Health & Dental, for full-time employees.
- Access to Employee & Family Assistance Program, staff wellness initiatives.
- Leaders who have an open-door policy that want to hear from you.
To Succeed in This Role, You Will Need the Following:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) certification.
- Completion of a recognized Critical Care Course preferred - We would consider sponsoring qualified Applicants through the next Critical Care program.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years recent, direct Medical/Surgical acute care experience required.
- Current ACLS and PALS certification preferred, required within 6 months of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all patients, physicians, staff, and visitors.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Willingness to participate in process improvement.
- Ability to communicate in French – asset.
Work at Georgian Bay General Hospital (GBGH), a 113-bed hospital located in the southern Georgian Bay community of Midland (90 minutes north of Toronto). GBGH serves a catchment area of over 55,000 annual residents and summer population of 200,000. We are considered the gateway to the world famous 30,000 islands of Georgian Bay. This four-season community embraces a Georgian Bay lifestyle of summer activities such as boating, sailing, hiking, and golf with winter sports such a cross-country and downhill skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hockey, and curling.
GBGH is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Intensive Care, and Inpatient Rehabilitation. Our dedication to our patients, our commitment to quality and safety, and our belief in an engaged and informed team are how we delivers Exceptional Care, Every Person, Every Time.
Our team at GBGH is committed to providing an accessible and diverse community. GBGH offers employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). We promise to make GBGH a safe and welcoming organization for all, including those who are a visible minority, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2s+, and anyone else who will contribute to a diverse workplace.