Chartwell Wynfield Long Term Care Residence
451 Woodmount Drive, Oshawa, Ontario L1G 8E3
October 17, 2022
If you enjoy interacting with others, are caring and passionate about serving the most respected demographic of the Canadian population and love being around similarly driven individuals of diverse backgrounds and life experiences, please consider joining Chartwell. Here, we are dedicated to fulfilling our vision of Making People's Lives Better for our residents, their families and each other, and inspired to deliver an experience that is personalized, memorable and feels like home for more than 30,000 residents across the country.
As a Personal Support Worker, you will provide personal care and other services to residents while consistently maintaining the relevant health, hygiene, and safety standards. This role will provide you with access to development and education opportunities that will support you in your career growth. You will be part of a team that's dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others, with the opportunity to interact and form meaningful bonds with residents. You will also:
What You Will Do:
- Provide residents with high quality personal care assistance with grooming, hygiene, toileting, bathing, mobility, feeding assistance, and restorative nursing care programs.
- Offer input in the development of resident plans of care and quality improvement initiatives
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members
- Attend to individual needs of the residents, protect/assist with their belongings, and encourage residents to maintain physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
- Assist in the admissions and discharge of residents.
- Engage and interact with the residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Documentation related to resident care related tasks and care items
- Participate in Infection Prevention and Control practices including cleaning, sterilization and disinfection of nursing equipment
- Management and distribution of resident care supplies
- Perform other related duties as required
What You Will Need:
- Completed PSW certification/nursing degree or currently enrolled in a nursing program
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Ability to work identified shifts and rotating weekends
- Additional education related to Dementia and Palliative Care an asset
Candidates must be available to work Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends.
To apply please email your CV/resume to email@example.com
Chartwell recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Chartwell's commitment to diversity and inclusivity is a commitment to hire people whose skills and abilities contribute the most to the success of the organization and who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from a wide range of qualified candidates, including persons with disabilities. If you have questions or require assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-663-6448.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.