Position: Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy, And Continence (NSWOC)
Program: Private Services Program
Location: Toronto, ON
Shift Type: Casual
Work Environment: Long-Term Care Sector
We are currently seeking: Various Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy, and Continence (NSWOC) in Toronto, ON. Fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese (an asset).
As a Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy, and Continence at VHA you will:
- Provide consultation and education to, and works in collaboration with, physicians/nurse practitioners, nursing, and other interdisciplinary team members to provide evidence-based care for patients/clients/residents with skin, wound, ostomy, and continence concerns.
- Work with a dynamic team of wound and skin providers, consulting remotely and in person with clients in the long-term care sector and in the community.
- Provide leadership and demonstrates/applies advanced clinical preparation and expert nursing skills in the provision of care to patients/clients/residents who have skin, wound, ostomy, and/or continence challenges.
- Current certification as a Registered Nurse and in good standing in Ontario.
- Completion of a recognized Nurse Specialized in Wound Ostomy Continence Education Program or Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurse Education Program.
- Nurse (RN) Specializing in Wound, Ostomy, and Continence (NSWOC).
- Membership in your Professional Associations preferred (RNAO).
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to use remote platforms such as WebEx and Microsoft teams, or willingness to learn.
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to client care.
- Physically able to provide safe and timely client care.
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Fluency in a second language is an asset. (Mandarin, Cantonese Speaking).
Why Work at VHA?
- VHA has over 90 years of experience providing high-quality care you can be proud of.
- A stimulating, client, and family-focused work environment.
- A variety of full-time and part-time positions.
- We invest in our staff, offering continuous opportunities for learning.
- Competitive compensation and paid orientation.
- Eligible staff are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package.
- Pension is available to eligible staff.
- A confidential, free Employee Assistance Program is available to all staff and service providers.
- We foster a supportive, and respectful team environment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
To protect the health and safety of our employees, clients, and their families and in the interest to follow strong public health measures, it is a requirement of employment at VHA Home Healthcare to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A fully vaccinated person means you have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, at least 14 days prior to your start date and you will need to provide proof by submitting a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose Administration Receipts or government vaccination passport. VHA Home HealthCare will consider cases needing accommodation as stipulated by the Ontario Human Rights Code. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
How to Apply
Our online application should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete. VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance. Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly, or send your resume to us.
You’re needed. Like never before!
At VHA Home HealthCare, we care about each other as much as our clients.
Founded in 1925, VHA is a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of over 3,000 diverse professionals - nurses, personal support workers, rehab therapists, home support workers, and more. Together we provide high quality care with great heart to vulnerable populations in the communities we serve. In every role and at every level, we lead with purpose, build bonds that matter, and we’re passionate about providing spectacular care.