Supervisor, Resident Care
At Halton Region, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Halton Region is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Halton Region serves more than 595,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to the delivery of high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work. We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
We are proud to operate three non-profit long-term care homes where our employees make a meaningful contribution on the lives of the residents by providing quality care in a family-like atmosphere. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service-focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also recognized as a Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO) Best Practice Spotlight organization.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
Posting ID: 1146
Department: Social & Community Services
Division: Services for Seniors
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Work Location: Creek Way Village Long Term Care Facility - 5200 Corporate Drive, Burlington
Employee Group: MMSG
Posting Date: September 16, 2022
Application Deadline: September 26, 2022
Reporting to Senior Nursing Manager, Supervisor of Resident Services will provide clinical expertise to the Long Term Care Home. The Supervisor will gather and assess data and will provide recommendations to the home level nursing management team to mitigate risk. They will provide support and serve as a resource to the registered staff for clinical practice issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide education and coaching to registered team members on required clinical programs, management of clinically complex/high risk residents and related policies and procedures.
- Supervise, coach, mentor and overall performance management of Resident Services Coordinator and RAI Coordinator.
- Assist with the coordination and orientation of new hires/students/volunteers.
- Develop and deliver education for ongoing clinical education as evident from compliance reports, audits and clinical needs.
- Develop and evaluate care delivery processes to continually improve nursing practice through direct observation and process audits.
- Coordinate clinical policy and program change roll out at home level to support knowledge transfer.
- Support frontline staff in caring for complex care residents by facilitating the development of a comprehensive care plan, participating in care planning rounds, post critical incident debriefing and/care conference for high risk admissions as assigned by senior nurse manager.
- Responsible for CQI audits/ program evaluations for required clinical practices in collaboration with Manager of Resident Care/ Committee leads.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Registered Nurse Diploma
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse and member of RNAO.
- Minimum five years’ experience in long-term care with advanced clinical knowledge in nursing practice.
- In-depth knowledge of the Fixing Long Term Care Act 2021 required programs.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and support staff in continued development of clinical skills, critical decision making and resident centered care.
- Experience in training and group facilitation and/or adult education.
- Strong analytical skills, decision-making skills and the ability to manage multiple demands.
- Proficient computer skills with word, excel and electronic document software.
- Supervisory/leadership experience.
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
Working/ Employment Conditions
- This position will primarily be Monday to Friday 08:30-16:30 with some weekend/evening work as required.
- A current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen.
- A current two-step tuberculosis test (obtained within the past six (6) months) by the first day of employment.
- In support of the Region’s commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, the Region has a vaccination requirement for all employees. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to provide proof of vaccination. The candidate will be asked to provide the Region with proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Code, a request for accommodation can be requested and written proof satisfactory to the Region will be required.
Important information about your application:
- In accordance with requirements in Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Integrated Accessibility Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Region will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition representative of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application online. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.