Job Title: Investigator
Job Status: Permanent x2
INVESTIGATOR, Professional Conduct
Join our collaborative and professional work environment as an investigator. Apply your skills and knowledge and be supported by highly engaged and motivated colleagues, to promote patient safety and public protection.
Working with staff in the Professional Conduct department, you will carry out investigative processes, beginning with the receipt of information about CNO members, to the final disposition of matters by Executive Director action, resolution or decision of a statutory committee. You will apply your knowledge and experience to:
- Assess incoming information for risk to the public.
- Analyze information to determine the most appropriate regulatory response.
- Conduct investigations into the competence and practice of nurses.
- Conduct health inquiries regarding the capacity of nurses to practice safely.
- Conduct witness interviews and explain CNO processes to stakeholders.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are regulated professionals with a university degree in the health field (e.g., BScN, MSW) or professionals with experience working in health regulation.
- Have health care system background and 3 years relevant experience in investigations, dispute resolution, risk management, or professional regulation,
Qualified candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize and present complex information in an objective and reasoned manner.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to professionally engage a variety of stakeholders, particularly members of the public.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment by using excellent case management skills to achieve results within expected timelines.
- Use of established business processes and strategies that support the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 and related legislation, is an asset.
- French language skills are an asset.
Hiring Range: $94,700 – $98,616
Full Salary Range: $94,700 - $113,640
Please submit cover letter and resume by Sep 30, 2022 at 4.00 pm EST via UKG
Thank you for your interest!
CNO supports a flexible work environment, with the occasional requirement to attend meetings or events onsite.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. CNO offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted about a career opportunity or testing, please let us know if you require accommodation.