Registered Nurse - Shared Domestic Assault and Sexual Assault (DASA)/ Emergency Department CVHPermanent Full-Time
As a Registered Nurse, you will use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you will contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.Contribute to safe, quality care by
What must you have?
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What else do you bring?
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
- 2 to 3 years of acute nursing experience
- Knowledge of the impact of violence (specifically domestic abuse and sexual assault) on patients
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver
- information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved nursing program.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- Experience working with SA/DV clients preferred
- 1 year Emergency, Critical Care or Telemetry experience.
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Training preferred with the requirement to obtain at next available training session
- Photography skills
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
*This position is represented by ONA
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health#mackenziehealthcareers
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.