Implementation Science Manager - International Affairs and Best Practice Guidelines Centre
The primary function of the Implementation Science Manager - International Affairs and Best Practice Guidelines (IABPG) Centre is to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of knowledge transfer activities and special projects funded by the Government of Ontario and other funders. The role will focus on the application of implementation science and social movement approaches when working at the individual, organizational and system levels.
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of knowledge transfer strategies, programs and professional development offerings targeted to individuals, groups and organizations.
- Regularly engage with Best Practice Spotlight Organizations® (BPSO Directs, BPSO Hosts and/or BPSO OHTs) within the assigned cohort(s) or areas of practice to implement best practice guidelines and mobilize change using two frameworks: Knowledge-to-Action and Social Movement Action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with colleagues and other stakeholders to develop evidence basedknowledge transfer tools and curricula. This may include the synthesis of qualitative and quanitiative research.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate in-person and/or virtual small and large group professional development offerings using principles of adult learning.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate high-energy knowledge exchange meetings to support engagement, evidence-based practice and collective identity among BPSOs.
- Provide guidance and direction to project coordinators to plan and execute portfolio deliverables.
- Lead the “request for proposal” process for various components of implementation projects, and be responsible for planned deliverables for such proposals, including budget monitoring and report preparation.
- Contribute to activities related to the planning, implementation, dissemination, evaluation and marketing phases of the overall IABPG Centre work and other funded or related projects, as required.
- Contribute to the development of funding proposals in collaboration with the Director and/or Associate Director(s).
- Work with the Director, Associate Director(s) and other RNAO staff to identify and develop policy papers and public-friendly tools related to the IABPG Centre.
- Develop and submit abstracts for presentation, publications and other formal academic/scholarly activities.
- Act as a mentor/preceptor for nursing students to support student learning.
- Contribute to performance reviews of project coordinators and liaise with Director and Associate Director(s) as required to create a collaborative and productive work environment that fosters professional growth and engagement of employees in the IABPG Centre.
- Engage in social media to promote the uptake and dissemination of BPSO activities. This may involve the user of Twitter, WhatsApp groups, Facebook, Instagram etc.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse with current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Masters degree in nursing or related field and a minimum of five years’ related experience in service, academia and/or research. Strong clinical nursing background preferred
- Knowledge and passion for both implementation science and social movement approaches, concepts and principles
- Experience in the implementation of BPGs and/or working in an RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization would be considered an asset
- Judgement required to resolve unusual or sensitive inquiries and negotiate with stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Political acumen to represent RNAO at provincial committees and other forums
- Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of software programs
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal - to prepare reports, proposals, correspondence and answer email/telephone inquiries
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to engage and collaborate with staff and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and skill in planning and facilitating learning events and programs targeted to small and large groups, in person and virtual, including curriculum development, delivery and evaluation
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to engage and motivate others
- Knowledge in a second language an asset
- Ability to work independently or with teams including internal and external stakeholders
- Strong program management skills, which include the ability to utilize project management software, prioritize, organize workload, work independently, be accurate and meet deadlines
- Work flow includes meeting regular deadlines that may require an increase in speed, re-prioritizing the workload and meeting multiple demands.
- Concentration is required for short and long periods of time to read research and other information, prepare documents for publication, and prepare reports related to outcomes and deliverables.
- Required to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and privacy of information.
- Sight, touch and hearing are used to prepare correspondence and answer inquiries.
- Sitting at the computer is required regularly, as well as walking, standing and operating equipment to perform the duties of the job.
- Travel, including air travel, may be required related to dissemination activities and project work.
- Works in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to lack of privacy, noise, distractions/interruptions, or stress from multiple demands.
- Restrictions related to COVID-19 may require working from home.
- Typical conditions are such that no risk of injury is present.
- Some travel is required.
If you are interested in this role, please send your cover letter and resume, with the title of the role in the subject line and send to email@example.com
Fully vaccinated is a mandatory requirement. The successful candidate will work remotely until RNAO determines that working from the office is safe, at which point we will gradually return to the office.
We thank all candidates for their applications, and qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you.