Careers at Renascent:
Permanent Part-time Position
June 29th, 2022
Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for over 50 years. As a community non-profit organization, Renascent is committed to its mission of helping save lives through compassionate, transformative, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs, and is guided by values of compassion, integrity, community, diversity and inclusion, and lived experience. Renascent’s accredited treatment programs provide person-centered care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12-step facilitation with current best practice clinical and medical approaches. A diversity of treatment program options are offered, including community inpatient intensive treatment, virtual intensive treatment, and outpatient continuing care and alumni programs. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are offered for loved ones and family members, including children.
About the position:
Reporting to the Director of Programs and Operations, the Nurse Practitioner will have an integral role in the delivery of Renascent’s comprehensive, evidence-based addiction and mental health programs. They will work as a member of Renascent’s experienced multi-disciplinary team including physician and nursing professionals, counsellors and therapists to deliver life-saving treatment. The individual will contribute to the truly remarkable therapeutic environment at Renascent, founded in compassion and behavioural, social, spiritual and medical best practices.
This part-time, 3 days per week position, will deliver in-person service at Renascent’s community-based, homelike Inpatient Centre in Brooklin, Ontario and provide general support and coverage of Renascent’s programs.
- Provide trauma informed, recovery supportive addiction medicine care to substance use disorder clients in inpatient treatment.
- Apply evidence-based medical interventions including withdrawal management protocols, opioid agonist therapy and other medication management to meet the needs of clients with varied presentation of substance use disorder and concurrent mental health challenges.
- Conduct admission assessments in collaboration with assessment and counselling teams.
- Provide basic primary care in order to bridge patient stay in inpatient care.
- Supervise, support and coach nursing staff.
- In conjunction with Medical Director and Program Director, contribute to and oversee Renascent’s medical policies and procedures.
- Coordinate seamless transition of care to existing primary care and/or addiction medicine providers at discharge.
- Support stabilization of client mental health through evidence-based interventions and/or referral to psychiatric specific medical care.
- Work collaboratively with the nurses, physicians, counsellors and therapists of the interdisciplinary care team to provide comprehensive care.
- Current registration in the College of Nurses of Ontario extended Class.
- A Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Certified in prescribing of controlled substances.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years clinical experience in addiction medicine including prescribing of opioid agonist therapy, community withdrawal management standards and other current best practice medical interventions for substance use disorder.
- Demonstrated knowledge in mental health care, trauma informed care, health promotion and substance related risk reduction.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, collaboration and crisis management skills.
- Proven leadership abilities including independent action, critical thinking and problem solving.
Submitting an Application:
Interested applicants are invited to apply on or before June 29th, 2022. Including a cover letter in your application package is strongly encouraged.
Contact email address: email@example.com
Renascent wishes to thank all individuals who apply for this position, however, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.renascent.ca.
Renascent is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and providing equal access and opportunity for all.