Ontario's health care system is evolving and, Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS) Central West (formerly known as Central West LHIN), in close partnership with Ontario Health Teams (OHTs), is on the forefront of helping to build a modern, technologically supported health care system that will enable integrated teams of health care professionals to deliver the best possible care for improved patient outcomes. By building high-performing integrated care delivery systems that provide seamless, fully coordinated care for patients, OHTs will help to achieve better outcomes for patients across the province. As an essential component of an integrated and sustainable health care system, this includes a strong and robust Home and Community Care sector. More than ever, your skills and experience are needed now and into the future, which is why we want you to join us in being part of the journey. We invite you to learn more about OHTs in our area by clicking here. The future of health care in Ontario is now. Join Ontario Health's Home and Community Care Support Services Central West team and together, we will build a healthier community for all.
Central West LHIN now operating under the business name Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS) Central West is seeking a Regular Full-Time Registered Nurse - Mental Health & Addictions
. Reporting to the Manager, Home and Community Care, the HCCSS Mental Health & Addictions RN is responsible for: providing essential health related advice and support to educators within schools and develop individual care plans for clients with mental health and addictions needs, in collaboration with mental health workers where indicated. They will also be required to provide input to the mental health and addiction needs of students.Status: Regular Full-Time (35 hours/week)Program Outline:
The Mental Health & Addiction Nurses in District School Boards Program is important to Ontario's plan to improve services and support for children and youth with mental health and addictions needs. As part of the overall commitment through Ontario's Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy, the program will help district school boards build the capacity to recognize and respond to student mental health and addiction issues. Qualifications:
Home and Community Care Support Services has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their start date.Who We Are:
- Registered Nurse (BScN or diploma)
- Membership, in good standing with the College of Nurses Ontario
- Case Management Certificate is an asset
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience relevant experience as a Registered Nurse (BScN or diploma)
- Knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth
- Direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth
- Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices
- Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
- Must be able to practice independently and interdependently
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective organizational and planning skills
- Basic proficiency with computerized information systems
- French language is an asset
- Effectively maintain a constant flow of verbal and written communication with others throughout the workplace as well as outside the organization
- Able to communicate with clients', their families, and other relevant individuals in order to follow through with care plan directives
- Demonstrated awareness of cultural diversity, as well as ability to behave discreetly and sensitively to confidential issues
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Demonstrates commitment to the HCCSS' mission and values.
A mosaic of geographic and cultural diversity and home to over 922,000 local residents, Home and Community Care Support Services Central West plans, integrates, funds and monitors the local health care system for the regions of Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin, Malton, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. Through the Patients First Act, Home and Community Care Support Services are also now responsible for the delivery of home and community care services and primary care planning, resulting in a better experience for both patients and those who care for them.How to Apply:
If you are career minded and an ambitious person seeking a chance to be part of a team that's truly making a difference in the lives of others, please apply on-line.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourage applications from bilingual candidates. Posting available in French upon request.
We thank you for your application, however only those selected for interview will be contacted