Looking for more?
At VHA Home HealthCare, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible leadership team.
In every role and at every level, we lead with purpose, build bonds that matter, and we’re empowered every day to provide spectacular care.
Founded in 1925, we’re a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of over 3,000 diverse professionals-nurses, personal support workers, rehab therapists, home support workers, extreme cleaners, and office support staff. Together, we provide high quality care, with great heart, to vulnerable populations in the communities we serve. This includes seniors, families, new parents, newborn babies, people with physical and mental disabilities, children with medically complex needs, and the terminally ill. We provide service 24 hours a day, seven days a week to clients in their homes, in schools, in retirement homes and other locations in the community.
We are seeking: Manager, Client Care & Operations (Hybrid Model)
Permanent Full-time – 2 positions
Toronto Central (Toronto) and Central East (Scarborough and Durham)
The purpose of the Manager, Client Care and Operations role is to ensure the delivery of high quality multidisciplinary services in one or more defined geographic areas of operations. Areas of focus include client experience, staff and provider experience, clinical oversight, quality/performance indicators, and training and development, within budgetary guidelines established by the Regional Director. This role includes monitoring operations relating to all aspects of service delivery, human resources and ensures that all activities are conducted within VHA’s policies, procedures and standards of confidentiality. This role also acts as liaison between VHA, it’s funders and the community, and functions as a member of VHA’s management team.
Key Skills, Experience And Behaviours Required For This Position:
- Graduate of a recognized university program.
- Current certificate of competence in a regulated health profession.
- Advanced knowledge of personal support, nursing and rehab therapy service delivery in the Community Health Care Sector with ideally 5 years of progressive management experience.
- Superior knowledge of clinical service processes and current health care and related issues.
- Extensive knowledge of community programs and resources.
- Established reputation in community based health care.
- Strong team building and staff development capabilities.
- Ability to develop and work with a budget.
- Knowledge of CQI processes.
- Skills and experience in customer service techniques such as de-escalation and dispute resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead program development and implementation.
- Superior writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, skills.
- Strong planning; prioritizing, problem solving and project management skills.
- Good computer skills and technology knowledge including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrated interest in professional self-development and maintenance of membership in the appropriate professional association(s) and respective College.
PLEASE NOTE: To protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and their families and in the interest to follow strong public health measures, it is a requirement of employment at VHA Home Healthcare to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A fully vaccinated person means you have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, at least 14 days prior to your start date and you will need to provide proof by submitting a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose Administration Receipts or government vaccination passport. VHA Home HealthCare will consider cases needing accommodation as stipulated by the Ontario Human Rights Code. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
To apply, please go to www.vha.ca/careers to complete our quick and easy online application.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply and will review applications as they are received, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.