SPECIALTY PHARMA SOLUTIONS
We are looking for an experienced medical professional to take on the role of Clinical Nurse Educator for one of our Ophthalmologist clients in the Niagara region. This is a permanent, full-time position, working Monday to Friday. Ability to work flexible work hours is required. The job will be performed both on-site at the clinic and remotely.
Responsibilities will include:
- Educate patients on their diagnosis
- Perform basic and routine administrative duties that may include but are not limited to greeting patients, answering telephone, preparing patient charts, gathering medical records and patient information, completing insurance documents, reporting to the Ophthalmologist and coordinating with supporting Ophthalmic team
- Schedule patients for eye procedures as well as preparing and collecting required documents for eye procedures. Conduct reminder and follow up calls following procedure
- Prepare and assist the Ophthalmologist with clinical eye injection procedures, ensuring the patient is comfortable and ready, confirming all the correct information and drug dosage is available and ready, preparing the injection tray in order of need, assist with surgical instruments
- Ensure drugs are safe I.e., refrigerated and prepared with aseptic technique when patient has arrived
- Complete drug reconciliation and forward to the pharmacy at the end of the day
- Prepare the following weeks order to the pharmacy, ensure all necessary supplies are ordered each week
- Prepare and assist the Ophthalmologist with patient education and counseling
- Ensure meticulous record keeping in Accuro EMR, in patient logs and office communication
- Assist Ophthalmologist with administrative duties and miscellaneous requests.
- Assist with Patient Support Program enrolments and investigations
- Maintains office equipment and ensures the environment is sanitary using aseptic technique while following COVID 19 guidelines
- Keep up to date with Covid-19 developments in Niagara Health region for the safety of the clinic staff and patients
- Booking and rescheduling appointments
- Prepare exam sheets and patient complaints forms daily
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of aseptic technique required
- Minimum of two (2) years recent ophthalmic experience preferred
- Knowledge of Accuro EMR is preferred
- Data entry experience
- Pharmacy related experience is an asset
- Computer literacy required: preferably in Microsoft Office environment and a knowledge of MAC computers
- Ability to communicate with patients, colleagues and doctors in an effective and professional manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve while maintaining excellent patient care
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Flexible work hours required (early and/or late start times)
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree offered by a university, college, or through a college-university partnership
- Completion of the national registration examination
- Be registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
We would like to thank all applicants for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Specialty Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our workplace has put in place various measures to protect our staff from COVID-19 at work and will continue to adapt based on new information provided by the government.