Personal Support Worker (Part-Time) - Extendicare Port Hope
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 senior care and living centres as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors' population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Personal Support Workers (PSWs) are invited to apply for Permanent Part-Time positions (nights and evenings) to work at Extendicare Port Hope, a 128-bed accredited long-term care home, located in Port Hope, Ontario...located very close to the 401!
Under the direction of Registered Staff,
the PSW provides direct personal and nursing care to residents so as to fulfil the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
- Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities.
- Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
- Adheres to established departmental polices and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care.
- Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
CLOSING DATE: July 31, 2022
- Completed a PSW Program that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association and must be a minimum of 600 hours in duration (including class time and practical experience time)
- Nursing Experience in long-term care preferred
- Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Doreen Barimayena, Director of Care
360 Croft Street
Port Hope, Ontario L1A 4K8
Fax: (905) 885-5328
Email: DBarimayena@extendicare.comIn Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.