Registered Practical Nurse (Part-Time) - Extendicare Port Hope
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 senior care and living centres as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors' population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Candidates are invited to apply for Part-Time Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) opportunities
to work at our Extendicare Port Hope facility, a 128-bed long-term care home, conveniently located near the 401 in Port Hope, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Director of Care, the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Ontario Long Term Care legislation and Extendicare Policies. Nursing care is focussed on our residents in a multi-disciplinary approach to fulfil the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of these residents. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure resident care is provide with established nursing standards and principles, physicians' orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents' health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physician orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
CLOSING DATE: July 31, 2022
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Knowledge of RAI MDS
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to caring for older and vulnerable adults.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Doreen Barimayena, Director of Care
360 Croft Street
Port Hope, Ontario L1A 4K8
Fax: (905) 885-5328
Email: DBarimayena@extendicare.comIn Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.