Position Profile Build your career at the hospital that's building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America's first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we're looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University.
Right now we're looking for a Registered Nurse
to work in our Endoscopy Department
. Hiring Range:
$33.23 - $47.57Report Relationship:
Manager, Ambulatory & Medical ClinicsResponsibilities:
- Registered Nurse duties in the Endoscopy Department
- Responsible for managing patient care during pre-procedure and post-procedure phases for the patients undergoing diagnostic or screening endoscopies.
- Maintain accurate and detailed reports and records of the patient.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients' condition.
- Starting IVs
- Skill, knowledge, and competency with assisting physician with endoscopy procedures.
- Proper use, care, and handling of the endoscopic equipment
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BCLS certification upon hire to show proof of valid current certification (Registered Nurses currently employed by HRH are exempted)
- Minimum two years recent experience in Endoscopy required
- Experience with Endoscopy video equipment and ERBE required
- Experience in E.R.C.P's (Fluoroscopy) preferred
- CNA certification in Gastroenterology Nursing (CGN) preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in initiating IV therapy, IV push medication and venipuncture required
- Experience in post anesthetic care required (Phase I and II Recovery Criteria)
- Ability to be flexible and effectively work in a busy environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines. Must also possess excellent organizational skills
- High caliber of assessment skills and an ability to react quickly and appropriately in crisis situations
- Completion Health Assessment Course preferred
- Nurse covers GI On-Call on a rotational basis as required (Evenings, Nights and Weekends)
- Demonstrated excellent patient/family teaching skills
- Evidence of sound judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills required with an ability to work effectively with a variety of patients, families, physicians and staff from various cultures and economic backgrounds
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
WilsonHours of work:
Must be available for 8 hour day shifts (subject to change)Employee Group:
ONAWhy Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion , Professionalism and Respect . People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group
hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it's our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis