Registered Practical Nurse (Surgical Services)
2022-45Choose Collingwood General & Marine Hospital:
Explore a role with Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH) and live your ideal lifestyle. Located on the shores of Georgian Bay, you have the opportunity to enjoy the 4-season recreational community.
CGMH is a 82-bed facility serving more than 60,000 permanent residents and 3.5 million annual visitors to the communities of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Clearview and the Blue Mountains. CGMH is an acute care hospital providing emergency care, diagnostic services including lab, imaging and cardio respiratory therapy, as well as two inpatient units (medicine and surgery). In addition, CGMH provides care in specialty areas including obstetrics, orthopedics, intensive care and surgery. The Hospital also provides outpatient care including dialysis and a wide range of clinics including mental health and rehabilitation services. There are endless opportunities for families, adventure seekers, boaters, foodies and so much more. Corporate Culture:
At Collingwood General & Marine Hospital, we are anchored by our vision, mission and values and guided by our strategic directions. If you exhibit the core values of CGMH; Inclusive, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, Adaptable, we want you to join us in providing exceptional services to our patient and their families.Qualifications:
- Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
- Minimum of two years RPN experience in acute care
· Completion of Peri Operative course required
· Successful completion of IV Certification
· Excellent nursing assessment, communication, critical thinking, organization, documentation and problem solving skills
· Strong conflict resolution skills when dealing with staff, supervisors, physicians, patients and family members.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to exercise good judgement in recognizing situations that may require immediate attention of appropriate person/people.
· Ability to provide educational opportunities for clients and family, other health care providers and health care students.
· Knowledge of and adherence to Occupational Health and Safety and Infection Control Practices, College of Nurses Standards of Practice, ORNAC standards and Health Centre policy and procedures
· Must strive to continuously provide a safe and supportive environment for patients, staff, physicians, and volunteers
· Must adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
· Must have an ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in the English language in order to provide excellent communication with team members, patients and families. Ability to communicate in additional language(s) is considered an asset.
· Must have basic computer skills
· Must be dedicated to professional growth & development
· Must be able to perform all bona fide and essential duties of the position, which may include physical demands such as moving/transferring patients, pushing, pulling, bending, etc.
· Recent experience in surgical scrub role considered an asset Duties and Responsibilities:
Contributes within the scope of practice as an RPN while in the surgical services program. This can be inclusive of all or some of the different aspects of care, which may include pre- operative teaching, preparing patients for their surgical case, scrubbing in the OR theater, and assisting with level 2 recovery and discharge instructions for the surgical patient. Care of patients in the Endoscopy unit, both in the procedure room, and with post operative care and discharge. As part of the peri-operative team, the member will assist in the assessment, treatment, and provision of care and health promotion for all patients through a supportive, therapeutic, and rehabilitative means while adhering to the standards mandated by the College of Nurses of Ontario. More Information: Location:
Surgical Services (OR)Employment Type:
Temporary Full-Time (approximately 1 year) Start Date:
In line with next hospital orientation. Hours of Work:
8hour shifts; days, evenings, weekends, and on call required. Please be reminded that as a Hospital, in order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may
be an expectation that you are available to work week days and weekends, as well as all shifts - days, evenings, and nights.Wage:
$30.05 - 31.18Benefits:
This position includes a comprehensive benefit plan, including but not limited to extended health and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, paid vacation and sick days, short/long term disability plans, HOODIP pension plan, Employee & Family Assistance Program and access to CGMH Perkopolis discounts.HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining our inspiring team, please apply online before 11:59pm EST on the posting close date by submitting an updated copy of your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format.
Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that as part of the mandatory screening process CGMH requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Collingwood General and Marine Hospital is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We encourage all qualified individuals who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace to apply. If contacted regarding a competition, please advise Human Resources of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.