Position Profile Build your career at the hospital that's building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America's first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we're looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University.
Right now we're looking for a Registered Practical Nurse
to work in our Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Unit (K4E) within the Mental Health and Addictions Program. Location:
Wilson Site - Cross Site Coverage may be required (must be willing to work on all Mental Health Units within the continuum of Mental Health Services)Hours of work:
Must be able to work all day/evening/nights shift, subject to change based on unit needsEmployee Group:
- RPN responsibilities set out by the department.
- Graduate from a recognized Registered Practical Nursing two year diploma program.
- Current RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Certification in CPI preferred.
- Minimum 3 years recent related experience is preferred.
- Experience working with acute/crisis mental health patients required.
- Experience in phlebotomy an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Must be able to work effectively with a variety of people, including other health care team members, patients and visitors.
- Demonstrate adherence to the hospital's code of conduct.
- Demonstrate good patient assessment skills, crisis skills, patient assessment course related to a specific clinical area, is preferred.
- Experience in risk assessment and mental status examination.
- Demonstrate good patient/family teaching skills required.
- Demonstrate sound clinical judgment and initiative required.
- Current knowledge of, and sensitivity to, patients with chemical dependency issues is required.
- Sensitivity to patients with multi-cultural needs is required.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of skills including (but not limited to), intramuscular injections, phlebotomy, Medication Administration, etc.
- Basic computer skills and Meditech experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Interested applicants are required to submit an Internal Application form to Human Resources before the closing date. Internal Applications that are incomplete or contain incorrect information may not be considered. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance. Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis