Apply for position Registered Nurse - Schulich Heart Centre:Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) - Regular Part Time (0.6 FTE) (214058 (2 positions))
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 1/11/2022 12:27:50 PM
We currently have a Regular Part Time (0.6 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Schulich Heart Centre:Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU)
at our Bayview campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays & Alternating Weekends:
Days and Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required Summary of Duties
Responsible for the primary care of cardiovascular patients that require intensive care. The main functions of the RN include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, patient education and patient advocacy. The RN supports the Philosophy of Patient-Centered Care concept and principles and the Mission, Vision and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with members of the interprofessional health care team. Qualifications/Skills
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS Certificate required; ACLS preferred
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Coronary Care Course I & II required
- Critical Care Course Certificate required
- One year recent ICU experience required
- One year recent experience in the care of patients post PCI and EP procedures
- Arrhythmia Interpretation required
- Experience with venipuncture required
- Demonstrates excellence and effective ability in: interpersonal relationships, oral and written communication skills, organization skills, priority setting skills, problem solving, decision making, facilitating team work, and conflict resolution
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding in person- centred care approach and principles
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and stressful environment in a positive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to Cardiology/Cardiovascular
- Demonstrates commitment to organizational initiatives and quality improvement projects
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 214058
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)