Apply for position Registered Nurse - Schulich Heart Centre: Cardiac Cath Lab - Regular Part Time (220728)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/11/2022 1:51:05 PM
We currently have a Regular Part-time (0.6 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Schulich Heart Centre: Cardiac Cath Lab
at our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays & Weekends as Required:
Days, Evenings; 10 hours; As per schedule On Call Required Summary of Duties
The main functions of the RN include, but are not limited to: patient assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy; sets up and assists with Diagnostic and Interventional procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab including but not limited to Vascular and Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty, Stenting, IVUS, and Rotablation, TAVI, MitraClip and other procedures, Implantation of Pacemakers and Internal Cardiac Defibrillators, and Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations; Scrub, circulate, hemodynamic monitoring of patients, use of Power Injector procedures in the Cath Lab; Preparation and recovery of patients in B3; Requires regular wearing of lead aprons during shifts.
The RN supports the Philosophy of Patient-Centred Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with other members of the multi-professional team. Qualifications/Skills
- Current Certification with the Ontario College of Nurses
- BCLS and ACLS required
- Coronary Care Certificate, Emergency Nursing Certificate, or Critical Care Certificate required
- Recent clinical experience in a Cath Lab or equivalent setting an asset
- Electrophysiology experience an asset
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and stressful environment in a positive manner
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 220728
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)