Join a hospital where everyone makes a difference! Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women's and Children's Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people
. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.Why Should You Apply to CMH?
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Group Benefits, including Health & Dental, for full time employees
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Career Development & Education Grant
- Wellness & Wellbeing Program
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
Come be part of our vision as CMH leads in innovation and compassion! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
This position will work days and evenings in Surgical Day Care (including Endoscopy and Minor Procedures), PreAnesthestic Clinic and Pain Clinic. The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be a graduate of a recognized School of Nursing
- RPN Diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of a Perioperative Nursing Certification Program required
- Current BCLS certification required
- IV certification required
- Excellent assessment skills required
- Current experience in Surgical Day Care required
- Experience in the endoscopy suite and with minor surgical procedures required
- Strong medical/surgical background required
- Previous pain clinic experience is essential
- Knowledge of keyboarding and Meditech and PICIS system modules an asset
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. We welcome all applicants, including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Applicants may make requests for accommodations at any stage of the application, interview, or selection process by contacting Human Resources. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.