Apply for position Registered Nurse - Ross Tilley Burn Centre - Regular Part Time (220138)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 2/9/2022 9:52:10 AM
We currently have Regular Part-time (0.6 FTE)
opportunities for Registered Nurse
in the Ross Tilley Burn Centre
at our Bayview Campus
. Hours of Work: Weekdays & Weekends as Required:
Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, the Registered Nurse in the Ross Tilley Burn Centre works in collaboration with the entire health care team, the patient and family. The main functions of the RN include but are not limited to assessment, intervention, education & patient advocacy of this burn patient population. The RN supports the concepts and principles of Patient-Centred Care and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook as she/he practices within the Hospital and College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice. Qualifications/Skills
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certificate
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
- CNCC(C) an asset
- Critical care certificate or recent 2 years Adult Critical Care experience required
- Strong interest in wound care
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, such as participation in nursing council, unit committees, and quality improvement projects and/or research initiatives
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships and facilitating teamwork (respect and civility, embracing diversity); oral, written, and electronic communication skills; time-management skills, priority setting and problem solving skills
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Ability to handle stressful environment in a positive manner
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the Interprofessional Team
- Excellent Attendance Record
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 220138
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)