Apply for position Registered Nurse First Assistant - Operating Room and Related Services - Regular Full Time (220463)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 3/10/2022 9:58:50 AM
We currently have a Regular Full-Time
opportunity for a Registered Nurse First Assistant
in the Operating Room and Related Services
at our Holland
Campus. Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days; 10hrs; As per schedule;
Weekends: As per schedule Summary of Duties
The RNFA works collaboratively with the physicians and other members of the team throughout the patient's entire perioperative experience. The successful candidate will assist the perianesthesia team in the Block Area in the safe provision of regional anaesthetics and care of the patient under moderate sedation. The RNFA will assist the perioperative team intraoperatively, in all functions including circulating duties. The RNFA will assist the surgeon during surgery utilizing the relevant standards of practice to optimize patient outcomes. The core function of this position is expert clinical and evidence-based practice, grounded in theoretical knowledge, advanced education, experience, and assisting with teaching and research.
- Applies the nursing process to all facets of the RNFA role, including assessment, nursing diagnosis and patient outcome identification, care planning, implementation and evaluation
- Assists in providing a safe working environment for perioperative personnel and patients.
- Promotes collegiality, teambuilding, leadership and management of conflict skills among the perioperative team
- Acts as patient advocate and nurse liaison with patient families
- CON License
- CPN (C)
- RNAO Membership
- Completion of Recognized RNFA Program
- Minimum 5 years' experience in O.R.
- 2 years orthopaedic O.R. experience
- BCLS/ACLS mandatory
- Models professional behaviour
- Pursues professional leadership and development
- Demonstrated ability to exercise critical thinking
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 220463
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)