We are currently looking for a Foot Care Nurse for a Long Term Care client in London
, Ontario. The Foot Care Nurse will work closely with residents to provide specialized nursing procedures specifically pertaining to foot care.
Schedule:Every 4-6 weeks - As of June 15th 2022-
- Provide Foot Care to residents based on the needs of the client and the assessment completed by the Foot Care Nurse
- Conduct assessments/re-assessments for residents per College standards, develop individualized treatment/management plans and document all progress notes in the facility's health record system.
- Maintain documentation pertaining to the residents receiving foot care in the resident's chart, by the foot care nurse/provider in a format recommended by the facility/Arvan Rehab Group
- Maintain approved cleaning and sterilization techniques for all instrumentation and tools used.
- Follow all infection control best practices and guidelines as set out by regulatory and advisory bodies including but not limited to the College of Nurses of Ontario, Health Canada and PIDAC
- Work closely with the home to consistently maintain the resident treatment list to provide foot care
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to make suggestions with respect to applicable treatments/management methods, and ensure the interventions follow best practices.
- Must be a Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse providing Nursing Foot care services in good standing with his/her respective regulatory body -CNO
- Must have Basic and/or Advanced Footcare Certification
- Must have Professional License Insurance.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills while interacting with residents or their families.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a Long Term Care home would be a definite asset.
- A current police check for the Vulnerable Sector is required.
- TB Immunization Record
- COVID-19 Vaccination (1st, 2nd & 3rd Dose) is required.